VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
You've still got the car - just enjoy it. You'll only lose the money if you sell it.

There is no market for large engined cars anymore. Have a look at the cost of an RS4 or similar.

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know, but sure people can't be that thick.

The average person has a car around 4 years so its £1600 tax which is around £800 more than any other regular car over the four years.

So my car can't have dropped around 2.5k more that it normally would ..... its nuts

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry its not going anywhere, i love it too much.

I was driving to work this morning with the window down, was in a bit of traffic and guy came over as said what do you get MPG on that , i said not alot! he said yeh but i bet it fun to drive, i reply ohhh yeh it is ;)

i'm not selling for along time

·
2,808 Posts
I paid 24k for mine about a year ago and think Id struggle to sell it for 19k now. Poses the dilema of keep and tune or bite the bullet and trade in.

·
106 Posts
The what car site is bullshit. if anyone can find any main dealer selling a R32 for under £10k with 50,000 miles on the clock, could they let me know....cos i would be straight down there to buy a second R. and then sell it on and make £3.5k profit. I got a free valuation on what car and parkers when i was buying my R last year and they both said it was worth £10.5k form a main dealer. i bought mine for 14.5k.

also a month ago i went to test drive a new focus ST (just for a laugh, wasnt actually thinking of buying one) and they offered me 11k part ex and that was with no haggling atall. The fact is i rekon i could sell my mkiv r32 for 13k tomowrrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im buying my mk4 .:R32 in a few weeks from the garage and im paying 13k he tried telling me he couldent find many on the market cus there in high demand maybe he's just setting me up for the butt rape of a px he's giveing me on my gti :(

·
748 Posts
The credit crunch etc only really effects people who live life on the edge really. Granted it effects us all we all get less disposable income but if car tax going up by £200 and petrol going up by 20p a litre really hits you that hard there is something seriously wrong with your finances and lifestyle, aka living above your means.

If you are stupid enough to buy a car/house or anything that you can barely afford the running costs in current market state then you should think about buy a lesser model.

I have no sympathy for anyone that winges about not having any money as 99.9% of the time its there own fault. Defecit financing is fine "IF" you can afford to repay it. However a vast majority of the population can't and want the flash cars the nice house etc and when things go to shit as they have done now they all start crying. Well its your own fault.

As with all things this will blow over eventually best to sit on your powerful big engine car until things settle down a bit then think of selling on. Fact is people no matter how expensive will always want fast, nice cars the same as they want the big shiny ring or the nice big house etc...

Don't take any notice of trade values either as they are a load of rubbish

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
frankyd said:
Apart from all that then vealige i take it everything else is fine with you then my friend.:D:D:D:D

Wheres me coat.
LOL I feel like that a lot these days as well.

He's got a point tho. If fuel goes even more north, the guys in thirsty cars are going to suffer, especially if they have a bit of a commute. I don't count the R in this catagory, folks are amazed at how frugal it is.

Just for the record, I got a dissapointing 29mpg last night on the way home (30 ish miles) which includes a 4 mile blast at xxx miles per hour. (don't worry, it was a country lane with outstanding visibility). I have checked the VW onboard computer against mileage/litres filled and it's within 1/2 mpg accurate, :wink:

vealige said:
As with all things this will blow over eventually best to sit on your powerful big engine car until things settle down a bit then think of selling on. Fact is people no matter how expensive will always want fast, nice cars the same as they want the big shiny ring or the nice big house etc...
It's not going to appreciate in value, but these people who downsize to a small engined car will be really annoyed. It's ok for a week or two but it's going to grate after a while.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
i had a look in parkers guide last night and there saying 03/53 reg private sell for 10.5k ish private which has got to be bollox imho! if youve lost 4k ive lost 6.5k goin by this in 17months i couldnt afford to sell mine :angry:
not that i am anymore!!

·
371 Posts
Remember this everybody,the mk4 is a few years old now.
the price will drop sometime. Dealer prices will always be high because of the cars appeal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts