VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been on the forum for a couple of months now so thought I'd best start a build thread.

So a few months ago I decided that I wanted a new car as I got a bit bored of the 3 series BMW I had at the time and I initially wanted to go Jap as I've always owned German cars so I got looking at 350z's, however a day trip to the fitted UK show in mid July soon had me craving for an r32.

That's when i joined this forum and soon got a wanted thread made and within a couple of weeks I had my new car lined up. Some might know the car as i bought it of Lee_shep.

It was a really good clean example with a few mods already so I snatched it up.

Couple of pics which he sent me at the time of selling

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
As soon as I got it home I had plans to mod it, I had a couple of things on my mind such as cupra splitter, short shift and wheels

I've now fitted the cupra splitter and a forge short shift which makes it feel so much better changing.

Next on the cards was wheels, I had a few sets of wheels in mind but I decided on a set of Rial Daytona's.
After a few weeks of searching I managed to bag a set.

The current specs are 18x8.5 et30. However the rears will soon be 9.5 et5 as 2.5 dishes are on there way as we speak. They're all currently split down and I've started to polish the bolts up which I must say is a very tedious job lol. The barrels and faces are going to be painted but unsure on what the color will be as of yet.

The day I got them
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Black Tread

Splitting process
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Bolts
Insect Gas Auto part Metal Tin

Once they were all split I decided to test fit them, there I could see what I can do with bigger dishes.

Fronts I can't make wider, they'll also need to be spaced out a slight bit 10-12mm as they catch the calipers. This is with a 10mm spacer on.

Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Rears

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Plant Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Then a quick one after a wash

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Just put my new private plate in today also but haven't got a pic of it yet.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I know this car well it was the inspiration for the bits I did to mine

You got a beauty there

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
South East Organiser
6,832 Posts
Mint motor , every time i saw it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm glad fittedUK was the inspiration for getting the 32
i was the one on the stage giving out the awards and on the microphone at Fitted, i've also just bought a DPB R32
Haha really? Yea after seeing and hearing the blue R at the front of the stage, wilky's old one with the Rial Daytona's I just had to have one
I took a video of it and just kept watching it for days after.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The two 2.5'' dishes came today, almost time to send the barrels and faces off to be painted. Still need to decide on the colour though, what do you lot think???

Also got something arriving tomorrow which I've waited to come for over a month.

Untitled by james hawker, on Flickr

Untitled by james hawker, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.