VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uh oh.. :(

I had the carbonio installed not long ago and the garage notified me to keep an eye on the side of the engine as he saw some oil. Told me to check it now and then as it looked like a potential problem later on.

I had a look later on myself and there was like oil on the right side of the engine. I wasn't too sure where this came from so I cleaned it all up. The oil was to the side and rear back of the engine as you face the engine from the front of the car.

After an outing, I popped the hood to check again. There was a very fine stream of oil to the side of engine where I had cleaned it up ...... :-O :-( :wtf:

Is this the end? Should I get rid of it quick???!

I'm going to take it in to have it looked over ..but I know engine problems won't be cheap!

Anyone any ideas or seen this before?

I very rarely drive the car to the limit. Infact, I was actually shocked because I'm like "driving miss daisy" at times just cruising along and enjoying the ride. If I drove it to the limit, I wouldn't be too surprised and would just accept it.

Quite annoyed...forking out left right and center at the moment :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
Doesnt sound like a headgasket to me more a broken pipe or connector.

If it was the gasket, id look for signs of oil in the water bottel, loss of water in the bottle, lots of steam from the exhaust (after a run and up to temp), engine smoking and overheating.

Iv yet to read about a std R32 headgasket going ?

Worsk case would be a hairline crack in the block or something but that would show its self pritty quickly.

cheers
matt

·
3,137 Posts
what about cam shaft seals etc, a possibility maybe?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Has the car had the infamous cam chain rebuild or any other work carried out which involves stripping the right hand side of the engine down?? Couls be down to them not using enough sealant or fitted back together correctly?? Just a few ideas matey.

:151:

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope nothing at all. Not been touched at all.

Anyway, cleaned up all the oil. Went for a good old drive and it looks normal again. Took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it so it was a relief!

Oil level never went down since the service in Jan so I'm guessing it was just a panic lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts