VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise which VW options are available to replace a standard RCD 300 headunit fitted to a 06 mk5 R32?

All I'm looking for is mp3 compatibility and to keep the existing 6 disc changer and steering controls.

I've got a few aftermarket head units but I'm guessing this will involve a facia adapter, cable adapter, another adapter for the steering controls and probably ditch the CD changer.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Can anyone advise which VW options are available to replace a standard RCD 300 headunit fitted to a 06 mk5 R32?

All I'm looking for is mp3 compatibility and to keep the existing 6 disc changer and steering controls.

I've got a few aftermarket head units but I'm guessing this will involve a facia adapter, cable adapter, another adapter for the steering controls and probably ditch the CD changer.
Ive sent you a pm

RNS510 Video in motion, V9 Maps, Speed Cameras, FW2760, FW3980, FW4020 FW4120 With Radio Text, R32 Boot Up Logo & Can Gateways £90 Coded

·
Flaccid Member
1,835 Posts
You can't go wrong with advice from nick mate, he gives all the right answers to all your questions.

Also provides you with all the bits you need to keep your car nicely OEM but upgrade your kit to one of the best VW stereos around with full sat nav.

Everyone on here who's dealt with nick is more than happy with his service and goods, hope you will be too

·
21 Posts
Hi Nick,

Would you be able to forward on the information you kindly gave to the original question please? I'm very interested in making the same upgrade and have pretty much the same question too?

Cheers,

Lee

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Cheers guys. Went with an RNS510 from Nick
All boxed up & ready to go. Will post about 1030am & you will have it before 1pm Monday

Cheers

RNS510 Video in motion, V9 Maps, Speed Cameras, FW2760, FW3980, FW4020 FW4120 With Radio Text, R32 Boot Up Logo & Can Gateways £90 Coded

1 - 7 of 7 Posts