VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a mk V R32, 09 plate, and I need to get hold of a new drivers side headlight.
Basically the auto levelling stopped working, and VW replaced the sensor for the levelling but still not working and there is a fault code on the headlight itself.
Dealer quoting me £437 for the headlight plus £150 labour, but they can’t source the headlight as it’s on back order with no estimated date.

they’ve given me the part number 1K6941040A and said to see if I can source one.
My question is, does anyone know the manufacturer of this headlight as I want OEM parts and not some cheap aftermarket if possible.
Any advice will be appreciated!

·
31 Posts
Hi all,

I have a mk V R32, 09 plate, and I need to get hold of a new drivers side headlight.
Basically the auto levelling stopped working, and VW replaced the sensor for the levelling but still not working and there is a fault code on the headlight itself.
Dealer quoting me £437 for the headlight plus £150 labour, but they can’t source the headlight as it’s on back order with no estimated date.

they’ve given me the part number 1K6941040A and said to see if I can source one.
My question is, does anyone know the manufacturer of this headlight as I want OEM parts and not some cheap aftermarket if possible.
Any advice will be appreciated!
In the original post it states that the sensor has been repleaced. You may only require the range control motor located inside the headlight assembly to be replaced. I believe that the part number for a Xenon MK5 R32 headlight is 4B0941293A, but please check this before buying one. This part appears to be still available at a cost around £96.

·
31 Posts
In the original post it states that the sensor has been repleaced. You may only require the range control motor located inside the headlight assembly to be replaced. I believe that the part number for a Xenon MK5 R32 headlight is 4B0941293A, but please check this before buying one. This part appears to be still available at a cost around £96.
...headlight motor is 4B0941293A...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts