VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Just installed a Pioneer 8400 with Bluetooth, was surprised there was no 12v ignition wire on the VW wiring loom or a wire for dimming the headunit display.

Got the 12v ignition wire from the cig lighter I also took a connection of the light on the cig lighter for the lights but it doesn't dim the display on the headunit

Anyone know where I can pick up a connection to dim the head unit

Thanks in advance

Colin

·
1,028 Posts
I've got this head unit, the live and switched wires are the wrong way round on the ISO plug so they need swapping round to keep memory. The dimming just worked straight off from the standard loom

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got this head unit, the live and switched wires are the wrong way round on the ISO plug so they need swapping round to keep memory. The dimming just worked straight off from the standard loom

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Hi

Meant to say mine is a Mark V tried the reversing the wires didn't make any difference got that sorted by taking a supply of the cig lighter. Still can't get the unit to dim

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I suspect this will be be a CANBUS related issue where such stuff is controlled electronically. The later mk4's also have CAN wiring to the headunit.

Can bus converters can be bought that overcome some of these issues I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts