VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Vw golf mk5 r32
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi it’s my first post but sub’d for ages an got loads of helpful advice before. I’ve got a mk5 with stock r leather heated seats but I want cloth, what mk golf seats will fit ? I’m pretty sure the mk6 seats bolt in but do any others, there’s loads of mk7/7.5 seats available. Cheers Tom.

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
884 Posts
Not absolutely sure but the mk6 is the same platform as the Mk5 so will fit: the mk7 and onwards are the MQB platform so the seat rail location may not be identical. However, it is possible to modify so I would at least go and look at some mk7 ones if you find a pair and take your tape measure with you .

·
19,480 Posts
Not absolutely sure but the mk6 is the same platform as the Mk5.
It is, as the MK6 was in reality a MK5.5 . The Scirocco is also based on the same platform therefore those seats will also be a straight swap, although some of the wiring may need modified.

The holy grail would be a set of cloth Recaros but getting your hands on those would be akin to winning the lottery.

Also be aware, although heating is standard with leather trim, heating in the cloth seats is only fitted if the car had the optional Winter Pack.

Good luck with your search.

Reactions: TomHBN

·
Registered
2008 Vw golf mk5 r32
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not absolutely sure but the mk6 is the same platform as the Mk5 so will fit: the mk7 and onwards are the MQB platform so the seat rail location may not be identical. However, it is possible to modify so I would at least go and look at some mk7 ones if you find a pair and take your tape measure with you .
Hi Andy thank you for responding, I’ll maybe just keep my eye out for a mk6 set to be safe.
thanks again

·
Registered
2008 Vw golf mk5 r32
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is, as the MK6 was in reality a MK5.5 . The Scirocco is also based on the same platform therefore those seats will also be a straight swap, although some of the wiring may need modified.

The holy grail would be a set of cloth Recaros but getting your hands on those would be akin to winning the lottery.

Also be aware, although heating is standard with leather trim, heating in the cloth seats is only fitted if the car had the optional Winter Pack.

Good luck with your search.
Thank you for replying, yeh I obviously dream of having the recaro wing backs but like you say there not cheap.
thanks for the info bud, another option to look at. Cheers Tom.

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
884 Posts
Yep.MK6 is a dead cert. Wingbacks seem to be priced very high although whether sellers get quite what they ask for is less clear . When brand new Recarro CS sportsters start at £1500 each , paying £2500 or more for a pair of used wingbacks is a bit of a question, although they do look great . I paid £1500 for a pair of wingbacks from a Nissan Duke RS Nismo which are essentially the same seat, but were very hard work to fit Vehicle Automotive design Luggage and bags Car Car seat cover
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts