VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Er... are heated door mirrors standard or are mine not working, I dont have a button for them or do they work off the rear dimist?
If theyr not standard are they easy to retro fit? I reversed out my drive this morning pushing the bin down the road...

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers boss! think mines busted. balls.

·
65 Posts
Your bin would look kinda special in DBP.... It would also be the fastest bin on the street... might be worth considering ;)

i'm not sure how mine work coz i've only had it a short while and the weather's been so mild of late I havent noticed them, however in my mk5 GTi i had to turn the mirror knob to point to 12 o clock and it started heating them, i could feel them working with my hand after a minute or so...

G

·
The heated mirrors on the MKV have to be turned on - this is done by turning the mirror adjustment knob to the correct setting. I believe it is labeled with a small heated mirror :151:

·
1,432 Posts
It was mentioned in another thread that the heated wing mirrors on the MkIV turn on when you turn on the rear demister button in the centre console.

Nifty isnt it :) it'd be great if the R had the flip up mirrors at the touch of a button like the BMWs have tho.

·
387 Posts
have been told in the past that if you have the knob in the correct middle position and then put your heated rear window on, and forget it's on (regularly), it will burn out the heating element behind the exterior mirrors quite quickly.

then it's a trip to the stealers for replacement glass :2up: and that aint cheap!

·
77 Posts
Mine hasn't got a wing mirror de-mist graphic at the central position, just a '0'. Wasn't cold enough to real test this morning. Maybe tomorrow!
Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
May be a red herring, but when I had an A3 1.8T, the manual said that the heated mirrors came on with the heater rear screen, but ONLY below a certain temperature (I think the temperature it warns you about ice).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts