VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car less than a week, noticed coolant going down quite alot then the windows steaming up when blowers were on.. toko it to VW for a diag, they pressure tested it and its the heater matrix .. fuck :|

not impressed. garage I bought it from aint willing to foot the bill for a VW dealer so ive gotta ship it back up to them so they can fix it and give me a courtesy car !!!!

·
Queen In The North
1,358 Posts
I had mine go about a year ago, was a pain in the arse! Everyone quoted nearly £700 to £1,000 to fix it by taking the whole dash apart but in the end I found somewhere 100 miles from me that could do it through the glove box for just under £400. Definitely worth driving there, was APS in Brackley, Northamptonshire... Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had mine go about a year ago, was a pain in the arse! Everyone quoted nearly £700 to £1,000 to fix it by taking the whole dash apart but in the end I found somewhere 100 miles from me that could do it through the glove box for just under £400. Definitely worth driving there, was APS in Brackley, Northamptonshire... Hope you get it sorted
Thanks Michelle, I will bare them in mind but hopefully the fools i bought it off will fix it and i'll never have to go up there again lol.. did you find it ok driving yours on the long journey and did you just turn the air con off completely or keep it on low? im not sure what is best - i dont want it to go bang on the motorway

I checked the coolant level this morning before coming into work and it hadnt changed since yesterday morning so i thought BONUS.. but put the blowers on to warm it up a bit, it steamed up to buggery and then the check coolant came up again so I figure having the heat on is a big no no

I said to the guy down at the vw garage if they could go through the glovebox but he claimed they needed to do more diags to confirm if it was just a pipe or the matrix itself (bull), but i picked the car up and they didnt charge me for the diag so thank you VW!

·
Queen In The North
1,358 Posts
It was tough driving there! It was raining and I had to stop every 20 miles on the hard shoulder to top up the coolant! Was scary stuff especially when it run out completely one time and the dashboard told me STOP! I never let it go 20 miles after that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts