VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Grille

Hi all,

Nice to meet you - I'm based in the South West of England if there are any locals.

Purchased the car yesterday - 81k miles, manual. I remember hearing the R32 note 17 years ago and it's stuck with me ever since.

Car came with a stack of history all labeled by years. Looking to make the car quieter as it's a bit loud for me. It's had a few modifications;

• Genuine 18" BBS CH-R Alloys
  • H&R Lowering Springs
  • Blisten Shock Absorbers
  • Miltek full de-cat non-resonated exhaust (Looking at adding in a stock cat or sports cat - unsure on options)
  • REVO Stage II remap
  • Double Din unit with Apple Car play
  • Full leather interior - really good condition
  • Recent paint correction & ceramic coating
  • German steel front wings with no corrosion
I had a look at a few alternatives which had the wingbacks, but decided against this as at the price point, they needed re-upholstered or given how much they cost to purchase, the mileage went up drastically at the price point I was looking at.

Been pouring over the forum and every YT possible for the last two weeks to make sure I knew what I was getting into - just underestimated how loud a de-catted one was and being 35, I'm no longer a young'un 馃槃

Look forward to chatting with you all

Eats Kitty Litter
Welcome to OC. I can sort you out with Milltek compatable exhaust parts. A de-cat will always make the exhaust very loud plus not MOT legal. You gain nothing power wise fitting a de-cat over a sport cat on the R32 as it has a NA engine. Just noticed you have sent me a pm so will answer your questions there :)

Registered
Nice looking car! For exhaust options, I was lucky enough to buy a car that was totally stock, exhaust included. I'm probably in a minority, but I love the stock sound. Deep mellow burble at low revs, very wookiee when you drive it hard, but pleasantly quiet at motorway/highway speeds. Personally, I don't want to give up that all-day grand touring chill that the stock exhaust has. Then again, I'm 60 - bloke I bought it from was 72.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts