VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

will be joining you lot soon Approx 1pm friday when my R gets delivered from bournemouth . '03 R totally standard......

Can't wait !

I'm fresh from the biking world ( still have a track bike ) but have decided to give the mid wales police a rest for a while hence moving to 4 wheels .

Haven't seen many R's down here are there any on this board ?

Hope to speak to you all soon ,

sp

·
171 Posts
hellooo there! where abouts in s wales u from? I lived in porthcawl all my life up until about a year ago and am often back home visiting the family (when I can affort the petrol for the treck back!) haha

·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bridgend is but a "stones throw" from the front as you will know ....... after what they did to the "esplanade" i would have moved too :afraid:

is a good place to live sandwiched between the sea and the beacons though .......

G

·
I used to live in South Wales too Cardiff and Pontypridd!!! Moved up to Manchester in 1999.

Welcome to the forum :151:

Enjoy your car.

·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all ,

thanks for the welcome , good to see some have you have sampled some welsh delights , would post up some pics of my recent "rides" but i guess this is a 4 wheel forum ....

Anyhow ,
can't wait for friday , to see what it's all about as have agreed a sale on a car that i have never driven ( didn't fancy anthing else ! )

have driven scoobies , evo 9's and type r's and i'm a little past the boy racer stage so wanted some luxury with a V6.

Already have a list of mods to do from delocking to a cat back milltek although the price of a full milltek nearly killed me :wtf:

cheers again and let me know if you are in the neighbourhood ..

sp .

G

·
Hello & welcome to the site! :wavey:

It's Friday! Have fun! I bet you'll be grinning from ear to ear! Let us know how you get on and post some pics! We're a friendly bunch here, I'm sure no-one will mind you posting your previous 2 wheels!

·
79 Posts
Welcome to the site from a fellow Welsh member. I live in Neath, have only seen two R32s, one is a guy called Chris he's traffic branch and Farmer. Farmer is hard to catch up with as he's always going fast, too fast for me to catch up with him.
Once again welcome and enjoy

·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Dai + ladies / gents,

The R was delivered from bournemouth yesterday and really my @rse hasn't been out of it since then ! just come back fom a quick sprint up a local mountain range called "the bwlch" ( dai will know where that is ) and she was well balanced , 4 wheel drive allowed me to keep up with my mates on their 600's in the corners but the brakes will need modding with braided lines and poss new grooved discs and harder pads before she goes to the ring next year.

excellent quality finish on the car but the stereo is utter sh1te ! that will have to go 1st .....

she's the only R in bridgend so stands out fom the evo/scooby crowd although i'm not into the chav scene anyhow .

need to start saving now as upgrading seems to be a very expensive hobby !

dai , see if you can "catch" Farmer and we can meet up .........

sp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts