VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Been part of the R32 family now for about a month!!
Thought it was about time I said Hi !

I was recently lucky enough to obtain a car that many of you may know already, Pablos Smythe's LHD R32 from the famous Awesome stable. What a lovely car and a nice guy also.....

Now alot of people may shy away from a left hooker but to me this isn't a problem. The mods done were just right and the price was great too.

I have been a VW fan since 1989 having read about the G60 Limited in Autocar that year !!
I have owned 4 previous Golfs and a Skoda vRS octy (how did that get in there) so I am not new to the VW world.

I still have my G60 Edition 1 (LHD) which I have had for 8 years now.
It is currently undergoing a full rebuild and is currently just a shell at the minute.
It's a long term project but I have alot of rare parts already for it so it's always progressing.....

Anyway enough of that, just thought I'd say hello and hope to be on here quite a bit !

Cheers

Chris

G

·
Welcome to the site. That car you have is pretty smart. I was after the alloys off of it, but he didn't want to split. Nice mods on it too. Enjoy :151:

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Welcome to the site,

Know that car well as i have seen it at Awesome a few times, Also tried to buy the alloys lol.

·
1,184 Posts
Welcome mate, think I saw the car on Pistonheads a while back, looked sweet. You gonna upload a few pics for us all to check out the alloys!? Enjoy your new VAG upgrade!

·
1,084 Posts
:ciao: Hello and welcome. G60 Ed1... mmmm.:party:

Unlike everybody else on here (so it seems), I'm not familiar with your car, nor have I tried to buy the wheels......

Some pics in members rides are compulsory (both cars please!) :top:

·
286 Posts
Nice motor, tried to buy the wheels.......

No, ok i never but welcome anyway. :wavey:

·
64 Posts
hiya, how you doin.
have you got any pics yet? i haven't seen your motor yet see!

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey all,

thanks for the welcome.......

Yes it seems the BBS CH's are a very much in demand rim!! LOL

As for pics of the car well I need to get some decent shots first so bear with me but I'll post some up in members rides once I have some.

Interesting to see "Tokyo dub" on here. Hi!!
My car was actually registered in Japan from new in 2003 to a guy called Mr. Win who lived in Nagoya. It was then shipped from Nagoya to Southampton in 2005.
It is nice to have the original Japanese paperwork and certificate of de-registration even if I can't read it !!!
I know the Japanese drive RHD cars but as far as I can make out Mr. Win wanted a LHD car as it gained more attention with the Japanese boys.

Does anyone know of any other LHD R32's in the UK?

As for details on the my project Mk.2 G60 anyone wanting to see details/pics on that should go to
www.cult-classic.com
once on the homepage click on the "WASE" link on the left, my car is about half way down on the right hand side titled "Chris project UK"
The site is one of my Austrian friends as he too owns a Westmoreland styled car.
Cheers !!

G

·
Hi Chris & welcome to the site!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your .:R, the G60 sounds like it will be awesome when it's completed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts