VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon people!

Names Darren! 23 live in Carterton, Oxfordshire.

Currently driving a Renault Clio 182 (with a few mods)

I was going down the route of getting a mk2 Clio V6 but I've had a change of heart and now have my eyes set on a MK4 R32...Haven't decided on the colour yet.

Ideally looking to change early next year...max. to spend will be about £13.5k so some serious searching is needed I think to find a decent example.

From what I have read so far this forum is very good.

I'm a member of www.cliosport.net so used to forum banter!

Here are a few photos of my current motor...

Mods are:

- H&R coilovers
- BMC CDA induction kit
- Stainless steel exhaust system
- 16" Anthracite Speedline Turini alloys (Commonly found on the clio 182 trophy)

Darren

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh! I forgot to mention actually...I might know one of your guys through a friend of mine.

Is there anyone on here called Keith...got a modified blue MK4 R32, got a supercharger or turbo.

My mate Tim Iredale used to show me loads of photos of your car! Bloody nice! He has sadly gone to South Africa now though!

·
286 Posts
Hi there, cute lil things them clio's. Nice to see you on here. Welcome. :wavey:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dannyrado said:
Hi there, cute lil things them clio's. Nice to see you on here. Welcome. :wavey:
Hi!

Girls car comment I get all the time off the people at work! Haha! then I take them for a spin and they soon change there tune

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rob & Caroline said:
Hi Darren, welcome to the forum!

You may well be talking about DeckedR32.... Turbo'd, previously Supercahrged.
Thanks for the welcome!

Thought he might be on here!

·
3,732 Posts
hi mate, welcome to the forums :ciao:

i wouldnt call the clio a girls call, a bit hairdresser but not in a girly way ;) the girls car comment on this forum tends to be aimed at the peugeot 206 (he knows who he is :D)

good luck in your hunt, were all here to help :top:

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Welcome Darren

Bet you will get a mk4 in DBP........See golfgirl's car in the classfied section.

·
748 Posts
Welcome mate !

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate :ciao:

Nice motor you've got at the mo :top:

You definately won't regret getting an R32, trust me :top: There are a few up for sale at the mo, and £13.5k will get you one, but make sure you hunt around and get the best one that your money can get you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers for the warm welcome guys/gals!

Still can't decide on the colour! Saw a gunmetal grey one on pistonheads the other day...a little expensive....but low mileage. Rare colour as well....something like 1 in 35.

Linky

·
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The rarer colours are great there's moonlight and indigo blue, anthracite pearl and tornado red, however imo there's a reason for deep blue pearl being exclusive to the R32!! Whatever you choose though the sound track will be there to keep you grinning for hours on end :top:

·
3,732 Posts
the dark greys are rare for sure, i love the dbp but if you can get your hands on the indigo colour you'll be laughing...they are simply georgous :top: and virtually impossible to find one

take a look at rob and carolines, theres photos of their car on the site and its a stunning colour

·
1,149 Posts
Cherry you're forgetting dbp is the fastest colour, or is it some kind of ploy :listen:

·
3,732 Posts
db7 said:
Cherry you're forgetting dbp is the fastest colour, or is it some kind of ploy :listen:
your ask me if i'm forgetting? lol, no chance, "say it once, say it loud, i'm DBP and proud"

was merely steering him towards a rare colour.....a blue rare colour..... wouldnt want him left too far behind us, wallowing around with all those silver ones :D

·
1,184 Posts
Mate don't get me started on the clio, my old car is attached to this post, missed it at first til I got used to the awesome R....done some sensible mods esp the Turinis, loved those wheels. Only mods I did was put a full 172 interior in the 172cup as the interior was not up to scratch, and the new brakes as the non ABS standard ones were like rubber brake blocks off a BMX! You will love an R, with you on the girls car comments, and the reaction when passengers get a ride! Welcome to the site, best wishes Sam

Attachments

·
243 Posts
caxton01 said:
Welcome Darren

Bet you will get a mk4 in DBP........See golfgirl's car in the classfied section.
Yes it's still for sale and needs to go soon. For 13.5k it's yours Darren ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.