VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd introduce myself I'm Dan, just browsing for info at the moment!

Anyway, I might soon be needing something a little more comfortable, because of my crappy health, but hopefully as special (to me) as my current motor (see sig) and an R32 seems a good choice. Noticed a few nice looking ones hovering around £12k now (I see they start at £10k for none-recorded but like the V6 I assume they're the doggy and high miler ones?). I was gonna pop a few pics up of my Vee in the Member's Rides section - is that OK as it's not an R32?

I'm about to go off for a good search through on 'What to look for when buying a used R32' heh - and someone has told me about a Haldex service at 5 years old or something for the AWD? Is that true/expensive/something I should worry about been done? Did Mk4s only come in Tornado Red, Reflex Silver, Black and Indigo Blue? Was Deep Pearl Blue and Tungsten available in the Mk4 - can't seem to find an answer to that?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll learn all I need to know whilst I'm here - I'll stop rambling now

Dan

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Definately still put some pics of the V6.

·
3,732 Posts
hi hey hows it going..welcome to the site

the mk4 .:R32 came in tornado red, reflex silver, indigo blue, something grey, pearl black and the signiture colour of deep blue pearl cant remember offhand the exact number of each but it totalled to just over 2000 cars

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Welcome on here Dan,

This was taken from R32 Register.co.uk (By Golfgirl)
Diamond Black Pearl Effect = 755
Reflex Silver Metallic = 615
Deep Blue Pearl Effect = 813
Moonlight Blue Pearl Effect = 57
Tornado Red = 44
Indigo Blue Pearl Effect = 76
Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect = 31

Total = 2391

·
1,184 Posts
Welcome Dan. Yeah get some V6 pics up. I nearly went for a Mark 2 V6 clio from a 172 Cup but the demands of a new family made the R an easy choice, and I've wanted an R since they were launched and I was 20! You are in the right place for advice, happy shopping, Oh and forget all the other colours, just search for a Deep Blue Pearl as they are the fastest ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome all :) I'll have to find pictures of all the different colours I guess and see which one takes my fancy. I do like the idea of the rarer colours though, and I don't want silver again :) Idea spec would be, a Pearl colour, full leather, no sat nav (not a fan of built in nav).

I'll pop some pics in the member area now!

Dan

·
2,808 Posts
Get the pics goin matey, love the clio V6's, could still be tempted by one now.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud :D

·
1,084 Posts
Hi Dan and welcome to R32oc.

My mate designed the brake system on the Clio V6 (mk1&2), when he worked at TWR. I remember him telling me of when he drove the mk1 prototype up to the MIRA proving ground near Leicester, they used a minging yellow Clio 1.2 body, as a test mule for the parts. It was road registered, so he had some fun surprising people on the way there.:D

Happy shopping for the R!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts