VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

I'm new to the scene having just bought a lovely MkIV R32 a few weeks ago. I found out it's always worth joining an owners club after I owned a Renault 21 Turbo and found their club brilliant help. (I've learnt since that a 15yr old performance car is expensive to run and not that reliable. Still good fun though and before you say, I know they look like a house brick).

Anywho, enough rambling. My new car is:

MkIV Golf R32 in Silver
45k on the clock
Full Miltec exhaust system
Forced Induction kit
Half leather interior
All the R32 gubbins etc....

(Pictures to come once uploaded)

I'm so pleased I bought one, can't stop smiling every time I look at it or drive it. Averaging about 22mpg currently but I put that down to a lot of town driving (had to show it off to mates etc ;)) and also an 'elephant man's' right foot. Looks wise I prefer it to the MkV, purely because it looks more original, but I wouldn't say no to a Mk5! Both are fantastic machines.

Before getting my R32, I test drove the Ford Focus RS, Civic Type R and have been in a mates Leon Cupra R, MkIV 1.8T Anniversary & a BMW 330ci. I've read the debates on here involving other cars such as Scooby's etc, but at the end of the day they must all be good cars to be used in a comparison with an R32.

Was only truly impressed with the R32 due to everything it can do plus I just bloody love VW. The RS simply cannot steer under pressure with all those horses running through 2 wheels, the BMW drove great but to me it's just another fleet car, a step up on the ladder for the business men with Mondeos. Type R was too exhausting, I need a car that doesn't involve holding it in gear too long to get the best from it. If I can pull away at 40mph in 6th gear in the R32.... :D

Anyway, blahdeblah, sorry to drone on. Thought I'd get my 2 penneth across as this place seems like it can construct arguments properly, and above all nicely. :)

I shall be on here again soon, just trying to sort out a decent broadband package for my flat, but before I go:

- Driving along a dual-carriageway bypass today, the f'ing council hadn't cleared their hedge/tree cuttings away properly, a Fiesta in front drove over a big branch and in turn the branch flew up and smacked the corner of the front bumper & splitting it. Basically a new bumper needed then as it's shagged. Had 2 quotes so far, looking at £360-370 for a new bumper plus additional costs for spraying fitting etc. Overall around £500+ for complete fix. Insurance isn't worth it as my excess is near enough that anyway. ;)

So I'm going to buy one direct if anyone can help me with supplier & price, then I'll pay to get it sprayed & I'll fit it myself round my mates garage.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers lads, will speak soon. x

·
4,328 Posts
Hiya and welcome to the forum :) glad your enjoying hte new car.

Sorry to hear about the accident but i would ring the council, as i know that they do pay out for damage caused by pot holes if its been reported. Its worth the call anyway.

·
305 Posts
welcome wallace, nice to have you on board, take a photo of the tree cuttings etc,write down the time and date of accident and try to claim off the council, if you knew they definitively did the works, i"ve done work over the years for local authorities and they are reponsible if its there fault, or there contractors.

·
1,432 Posts
:hello: and welcome

I see you have a forced induction kit, is that a typo or do you have a supercharger and turbo kit fitted?

Looking forward to some pics :)

·
3,732 Posts
welcome on board :ciao:

sorry to hear of the damage. might be worth contacting the council, but i think its going to be to tough to prove liability for something like that :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts