VW Golf R32 Forum banner
381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
Got the oil pressure n temp guage yesterday. And i have since spent too much time online and at home depot staring at brass fittings.

Back in the day with my corrado, they at least sisplayed oil temp in the mfd and ypu COULD get a factory pressure guage. On the r32, there's a temp sensor but the readout is a secret known only to the HVAC head. Useless when that's been removed.

They only saw fit to have one port on the oil filter housing.....

Of course because the guage came from the states, they are NPT threads.....

$75 in fittings later, i have a $15 combo of fittings that should get both sensors connectect to the one port on the filter housing.....

And i am still waiting for the metric to npt adapter to arrive.

Fun with fittings......

However, on to a more positive note, i've got almost everything i need to deal with shift buttons and detachable wheel.... will start step one tonight, getting the shift buttons connected to canbus module... fun with 24awg wire lol.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
Thanks.

The funny thing is i may be going thru all this effort for no real need. I have spoken to a few guys who've tracked with these gearboxes. They say 9 times outta 10, they just stick it in D and go. Very rarely does the box get confused....

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
955 Posts
Funny you should day that. Each time I have been on track I have done just that and changed on the paddles . Because the tracks I have been on so far are tight , I am shifting gear every ten seconds or less, so the auto change up function never interfered and it just stayed in the gear I selected until the next change .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Well, amazon came thru, however my idea didn't work because the wires were WAY too short to solder. Came up with a different idea.....and now waiting for another cable to get here.

Will be able to finish the oil guage wiring and mounting today. I then need to program it. Of course for that the provided a serial connection. WHO HAS A SERIAL PORT ANYMORE?!?! So you guessed it, ANOTHER cable ordered from amazon lol.

With luck, should be bale to get the car bqck together and in storage for the winter at the end of next week. The reat of it will be alignment and glass, which can wait till the spring.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
Alright, almost there. Just waiting for my defroster for the windshield to arrive and i can finish with wiring. Oil guage all fixed up and all fluids in. Bodywork goes on in the next coupla days.

Of course there will be another delay for mechqnical completion because i started it up last night and, no real surprise, consistent misfires on 3 cylinders. So, waiting for 6 coils to arrive.... they were outta the junkyard so really, no surprise there.

Almost done till the spring...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
Wrapped it up till the spring. Will have a coupla week's worth of work to do then for final prep.

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

Gotta clean up and organize the workshop then design a coilover setup for the audi underneath.

Cya in the spring folks!

381 - 392 of 392 Posts