VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got given the address for this site after a little play with an R32 on the A404, pulled up at the M4 lights and had a chat with the guy - was a great looking Deep blue with anthracite wheels and sounded lovely!

I've got an M3 CSL (with a 316i badge) and my wife has a completely standard MK4 R32 in blue - looks like a useful site, wish I'd found it a few weeks back when the R32 engine light came on!

Cheers

Nathan

·
385 Posts
That was me nathan, you 316i bugger you!!!!! Glad you found us. Loads going on with this site. Hope to speak to you/see you again soon (not in the 316i though lol!!!!!!)

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the welcome, was good to speak to you TOTGT.

The CSL (about 180kg lighter than normal M3) feels a lot lighter on it's feet than the R, more agile, understeers less, is faster and has much, much better brakes (AP 6 pots with Pagid RS29 pads - I'd say worse brakes as standard), but then it should as it is a lot more focused, far less creature comforts, stereo is much worse, and it cost 60k when new compared with the 22k we paid for the R. Induction noise on the CSL is great too. The weight of the CSL seems lower down too.

R is more relaxed when you want it to be and doesn't follow camber or hunt out the road in such a hyperactive fashion. Engine has a very different and more relaxed delivery compared to the BMW.

My biggest gripe with the R is that you seem to sit on it rather than low down in it if you see what I mean?

The R is a brilliant car though, good laugh to chuck about and sounds ace, though no where near as good as the miltek ones!

Misses looked around for a replacement for the R as it approached 3 years old but couldn't find anything as much fun or enough of a jump over the R without spending silly money - new R32 is so much money extra for so little performance gain - where do you go without spending a fortune?

·
1,432 Posts
Hehe, M3 CSL with a 316i badge LOL.

Id like to mention that an R32 with the HPA FT360 turbo kit produces the same BHP as the M3 CSL but has more torque :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts