VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after buying a mk4 R32- does anyone on here who would be the best to get insurance from for a decent price?
Adrian flux quoted me £1100 which is way more that what I wanted to pay

Any help would be appreciated- I have 5 years no claims and no accidents

·
309 Posts
insurance is a postcode lottery, with many variables, from memory Admiral were one of the front runners for younger drivers. you might strike lucky with independent brokers like Sky, Chris Knott or Adrian Flux.

I remember living in CV1 at the time one of the highest insurance postcodes, I had a £300 banger on 3rd party fire and theft paying £900 in insurance. it sucks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Try adding ur parents/wife etc as a named driver - not the main driver before people go mad!

I added the wife at 28 driving her company car as main and it came down. Added Dad at 60 and retired and it went up! Work that out.

Safe to say she doesn’t drive it! Doesn’t like the power or noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bloody hell thats not bad considering age and the car, im 33 6 years no claims never had a fault accident and I’m paying £1000, suppose that’s Manchester for you and Chris knott and sky wouldn’t even quote me cause I live in Manchester

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bloody hell thats not bad considering age and the car, im 33 6 years no claims never had a fault accident and I'm paying £1000, suppose that's Manchester for you and Chris knott and sky wouldn't even quote me cause I live in Manchester
Ouch. I'm 25 with 3 years no claims in North Manchester and I'm paying £570 with Admiral - only my first year was > £1000 and that as with a bump 3 years back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm 19 and I got mine at £1400 (3rd party fire and theft) with GoSkippy but I only found this price through https://www.quotezone.co.uk/ .

Best price I could find and I called up many different places. Worth trying companies like Greenlight and really doing research into these kinds of companies especially if your car has mods.

To be honest £1100 isn't a terrible price if you can't find any cheaper, but best of luck.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just got a quote of admiral £3000
Just got a quote through the link above £1000 go skippy £250
Cheaper than go skippy on go compare for some strange reason. Still to high when my modified declared s3 was £700

1 - 9 of 9 Posts