VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Okies, got my RNS510, got my Bluetooth module. Got all connected up and the Bluetooth has never worked.

Searching this forum (and others) it looked like I needed "Telephone" "switching on" in VCDS, so ordered myself a VCDS cable and disc.

Connected the laptop, and "switched on" the telephone in (IIRC) Module 19 - just a tick in a box. The telephone now appears in the module screens where it didn't before.

However, it's still not working so I did a fault scan. Please see the pics below and see if anyone can offer some advice - would be much appreciated.

After having a look around on VCDS, I see there are many options when long coding, but didn't go near them for fear of knacking it!

Anyone??

edited to add: The RNS works fine by the way. CD, HDD, Nav, radio - everything except telephone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorted

I spent a bit of time this morning with the laptop and VCDS, and I've managed to get it working. I went right through the CAN Gateway and the Central Electrical settings, and found a couple of things that didn't seem quite right. I used Ross Tech's Wiki pages too, and eventually managed to get everything working.

I've even managed to clear all the error codes that kept coming up, so I assume it was some clash between the CAN Gateway settings and the module settings for Central Electrics, Nav, radio, and telephone.

Best way to learn I suppose

·
288 Posts
I get the 77 telephone error, I think it's normal if you have a third party Bluetooth module like fiscon, but everything works fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts