VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I Thought I Would Ask You Guys Before Taking My R32 Mk4 To Vw.

The Engine Management Light Comes Sometimes When I Drive The Car Hard. I Have A Fault Code Reader An Two Codes Come Up 16795 Secondary Air Injection System And 17819 Secondary Air Injection System (b2) Rastricted Flow. Could I Sort This Problem Myself Or Is A Trip To Vw On The Cards? Also Some Times When Sat At The Lights The Engien Seems To Misfire But This Dosen' Happen All The Time. Any Help Much Appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Hi, it sounds like the secondary air pump is goosed or a split pipe? I had this intermitting fault on mine. I was quoted £285+vat plus fitting for a new air pump. I cant remember what the price for a pipe was but it should be a lot less. Hope you get sorted fella :unsure:

·
287 Posts
I reset the light a few times, only for it to come back on, so now I'm just kind of living with it.

As a matter of fact I have done the flapper mod, Cherry. I'll put everything back to normal and clear the fault code, and see if the little bugger comes back.

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
tom booth said:
Have you had your problem sorted yet or are you living with it like me?
Hi Tom, Mines still the same to be honest. Its an intermitting fault and I have found that if you use the car regular this fault light stays off a bit longer. I sometimes park up the R for about 2-3 weeks and once I start it up from freezing cold it triggers the same fault. After speaking to a few VW technicians they have all found this problem quite common? The only solution is a new secondary air pump or pipe (or both). Anyway, I'm going to bite the bullet and do both very soon. Goodluck with yours fella :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts