VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's and Gals,

Can any of you shed any light for me? Set off from Chichester back up to Lincoln on Friday night and the car started to judder when accelerating from 50 upwards. As soon as I let off the accelerator it went away. Feels very much like an unbalanced wheel but I would have thought this would be speed specific not accelerator specific.

Didn't want to risk the drive if it wasn't right so called in at Portsmouth VW where a nice chap (sorry didn't catch his name) took the car for a quick spin with me in it and agreed it wasn't right. VW then lent me a Touran so I could leave the car with them (they didn't want me to take the chance it was something serious).

One of their technicians took it for a test drive today but couldn't find a fault. I don't know how far or how fast the test drive was but having just driven it back home the judder is still there.

Any idea's what it could be? The car is an 06 R32 5DR DSG with 16500 miles on the clock. I'll have to take it back and show the technician the fault but would like to point them in the right direction. I'm thinking it could be tracking, worn CV joint, something wrong with the Haldex or something else.

Ideas on a postcard please.......

Any reccomended VW dealrships in the Chichester area would be helpful too please.

Thanks,

·
402 Posts
Hi,

It does sound like tracking / wheel alingment. I have not had this problem on my R, but my previous GTi had exactly the same problem over about 60mph.
I swerved to avoid some lunatic in a massive digger the other day (doing major works near my house) and ended up hitting the curb on one alloy!!! This has knocked mine out and need to take it to get 4 wheel laser alignment again.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

R32Dub

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R32Dub said:
Hi,

It does sound like tracking / wheel alingment. I have not had this problem on my R, but my previous GTi had exactly the same problem over about 60mph.
I swerved to avoid some lunatic in a massive digger the other day (doing major works near my house) and ended up hitting the curb on one alloy!!! This has knocked mine out and need to take it to get 4 wheel laser alignment again.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

R32Dub
Thanks mate, well took it back in today and noticed that it's beginning to do it a bit on over run too so I'm beginning to suspect an engine mount. The technician took it out with me and said it felt prop shaft related. God knows whats up with it. So I am now pootling about in a 2l soot chucking Touran as the tech didn't think it was safe to drive. They hope to have a good look at it tomorrow/Thursday to work out what it is. I'll keep you all posted and hope to get it sorted soon.

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well turns out it was a bent drive shaft. Don't know how it had happened but it worsened as the car warmed up which is why it was missed the first tme round.

Portsmouth VW where extremely appologetic for not picking it up the first ime round and gave me a bottle of Champagne to make up for it. This was completely unnecessary as they have been so helpful sorting me out with a car at short notice and turning my car round in a couple of days. I cannot recommend them enough. Well done guys keep up the good work. They have definatly secured my business for the forseeable future at least until the warranty is up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts