VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Would normally do some searching but im in a rush. Has anyone had any experience with the windscreen washer coming out of its fitting?

Was just washing the car and the back of the mitt caught on it and pulled it out, now it doesn't want to click back into place! =(

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crapness, I've looked at the part. No signs of damage and no loose bits that could have broken off in the opening of the bonnet lid.

It's really annoying me ha ha.

·
3,392 Posts
Have you switched your lights on and taken it for a drive yet whilst spraying the windows?

Maybe it will go back in place once its used a few times. Actually i think you can do this whist stationary with the lights on.

·
3,392 Posts
You can pull the whole thing out with your hands, when you let you it gently slides back into place.

·
19,389 Posts
Aren't they heated though? That'll bump the price up a bit.
Only the windscreen washer jets are heated, not the headlight ones.

The cover is around £12 plus VAT and is supplied primered, ready to be painted.

·
19,389 Posts

·
5,496 Posts
Would have been nice to have them as an option, they do freeze up in the coldest of winter time. Could retro fit them fairly easily if you wanted. Just need to buy heated jets, and probably the repair wires

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am talking windscreen washer jest here yeah, can not for the love of me see how they are supposed to mount into the bonnet.

Nothing seems broken, and I could not see or feel anything left in the bonnet as I would have expected. It still sprays onto the window and I cant hear it rattling when I drive. But I know it's there, so does need fixing.

Surely boys with CF bonnets must have experience of mounting these bloody things? haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts