VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computer Personal computer Font Gadget Operating system

My cars been running off for a bit now, so from various research I've done the following to try and correct the above -

New maf
New cats

All codes were cleared after these were fitted but the faults still came back. There is a really hesitation when trying to accelerate at full throttle, you can see the boost gauge fluctuating (my car is supercharged).

I'm going to get it booked in to be looked over but wondered if anyone had any ideas on anything else I could check before this

Attachments

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
The car is overfuelling and the fuel trims can't offer that much auto correction. So the fault is being thrown up. Why did you replace the cats? Mega expense!!

The MAF measure the air ingested and thus the car adds fuel to match. Replacing the MAF offered no result so my initial bet would be on a cooked pre cat lambda sensor. It measures the oxygen in the mix. If its incorrectly measuring a lean condition it will cause the ecu to add fuel.

Vcds can run ageing tests on the lambda sensors and tell you if they are dead or dying. It can also run a test on your cats, something that you hopefully did prior to replacing them. A rich condition can kill your cats.

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some sports cat's from lucifer for a good price, plus when I took them off, one side was worn straight through!

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
rwoody29 said:
I got some sports cat's from lucifer for a good price, plus when I took them off, one side was worn straight through!

Thanks for the reply
So you defo cooked the cats. I'd get your O2 sensors checked too then ASAP. ECP do 25% off for us OC members. They could be all coked up from rich running etc.

·
2,204 Posts
Long term over fuelling destroys cats unfortunately.

If the MAF is fitted down low in the bumper (as they normally are with S/C kits), they suffer a much harder life and need replacing more often. Water and oil from recirculated crank gases tends to drip onto them as well, further mucking up the MAF readings.

·
556 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts