VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey thought id join up and say hi

am alan stay in aberdeenshire scotland, got a 2003 Silver R32 picked her up a couple weeks ago and loving it.

·
286 Posts
dubdanr32 said:
ah now we have some1 else with the fastest colour much faster than those dpb boys lol hi mate welcome aboard!
Absolutely! Lets take it to them blue boys!:elefant:

·
286 Posts
Kids! Pah! :playingball:

Silver is faster colour, period. It's lighter! :boxing: :stupid:

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
But darker colours absorb more energy giving the car more power - so dbp must be quicker!!! :fight:

·
222 Posts
ooh looks like we have a bit of fightin talk eh? every1 knows silver 1,s are the fastest, although if you do beat me i,ll have an excuse ready lol.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
was just surfing the interweb and found this place...

got a new windscreen fitted today, cracked it 2 weeks ago took the RAC 2 weeks to get a screen and come fit it. not chuffed !

was down at knockhill on sunday to watch the superbikes...and got peeved with the lack of cruise control but bought a kit off ebay today so will let you guys know how I get on fitting it this weekend if it arrives !

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Alan you got Vag-com to set it up too ? think its fairly easy to fit just needs vag-com to activate it.

Must admit when we all went to Gti inters i really thought i fancy cruise control. Its a must on motorways to keep me reeled in at a lower speed .

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yup ive got vag-com and a lead that worked with my 03 plate polo so im assuming it wil work dandy with the R

yeah i find the throttle too aggressive when your just trying to sit at a constant speed.

wondering if anyone on here has the Haldex 2 upgrade and a superchip wondering what your oppinion on them are ?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The throttle does my head in when i set off in the mornings, theres a dip on my road and its just at the point when ure in 2nd and it moves ure foot so you dab the throttle a bit meaning whiplash for the passenger !!
That lead should be the same then,
From what i've heard re haldex, you'd not really notice the difference for normal road driving which surprised me

·
540 Posts
welcome Alan!!

im from aberdeen aswel,i have a silver supercharged one!!!

lets get an r meet sorted asap!!!!

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
andyr32 said:
welcome Alan!!

im from aberdeen aswel,i have a silver supercharged one!!!

lets get an r meet sorted asap!!!!
will have to get that organised !

im hoping to get mine charged up in september saving at the moment resisting temptation to buy some other goodies !

·
540 Posts
ooohhhh yyyeeessss ill be there mate!!!!!

sounds good to me.bout time we had another meet!!!

scoobys were scared of standard 32s let alone charged ones hahaha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts