VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

My name's Martin.

Currently i'm driving a Mk2 Seat Ibiza with a 20vt lump in it and a list of mods as long as my arm, but i'm looking to buy a Mk4 R32 in the very near future.

I came across the site whilst looking for more info on R32's so I thought i'd say hi.

Thanks for reading and expect a lot of questions!

Martin

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi Martin ,Welcome on here,

Sure as and when you get a MK4 R32 you will love it and get lots of advice on here,

Lots of stuff to read through.

·
286 Posts
Hi there, welcome.

Expect a lot of answers! We're a friendly bunch...

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Hi Martin, welcome to the forum :ciao:

·
1,184 Posts
Hi mate, welcome, and just in case you were not up on the information, the deep blue pearl ones are the fastest!...and before everyone retorts with loads of abuse, no I will never get bored of this debate!

·
1,184 Posts
Space said:
Hey Martin why not a MkV?
Reckon some people just prefer the shape of the mark IV. IMO it looks meaner, and feels more raw, I drove a dealer standard mark V last weekend and frankly was disappointed.... but each to their own!:santaclaus:

·
286 Posts
Good god S19, you're gonna provoke a response with them two posts!

Silver's still fastest tho, you know it too......

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum chap.

Regarding the paint, the Pearlescent Blue paint uses a finer powder compound and also has a smoother clear coat lacquer applied on top. It actually has a 0.01 lower drag coefficient. If you had the correct measuring equipment and a perfect test environment it would finish around 1.7mm further ahead over a 1/4 mile run.

·
196 Posts
S19 MYD said:
Reckon some people just prefer the shape of the mark IV. IMO it looks meaner, and feels more raw, I drove a dealer standard mark V last weekend and frankly was disappointed.... but each to their own!:santaclaus:
I love the shape of the MkIV, you are right it does look meaner but the rawness stays in the drive, which, if you use it for work, just doesn't work!!

The V drives better standard than the IV ever did standard (you will never find one though to prove it) no getting away from that. I have driven both as virgins! Both are superb cars and sound fantastic whatever pipes are hanging out the back.

Black is the quickest though coz the drivers are smarter!!!

·
1,084 Posts
Space said:
Black is the quickest though coz the drivers are smarter!!!
This is why we let the "commoners" who drive DBP, think they are the best.

Welcome to the forum Martin.

Happy shopping :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome's!!

I'm on the look out for a DBP one :) In my opinion it's the nicest colour.

As for the Mk5, i prefer the shape of Mk4 and couldn't afford the Mk5 anyway.
Just got a few bits to tidy up on the Ibiza then it'll be up for sale. Then i'll be asking Richard Branson for a loan for the R :)

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
I (Previously had a MK4 TDI silver and loved it),Now have a stunning DBP MK4
So thats why i hunted down a DBP MK4, My mate has a Golf MK5 GTI

See Golfgirl as she is selling hers in the classified section DBP MK4

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
caxton01 said:
See Golfgirl as she is selling hers in the classified section DBP MK4
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm really after one as near to standard as i possibly can. Would like full leather if possible.

I think i'm going to struggle selling the Ibiza so close to christmas though.

·
3,732 Posts
xmas is a tough time to sell

youve chosen well with blue, all joking aside i've come from a silver GTi (still got it) and although i like the colour alot it just doesnt compare for me to the dbp when its clean and the sun hits that pearl paintwork.... stunning colour. i was originally going to go for a black one until i saw the blue in the flesh as it were :top:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had my heart set on a Silver Mk4 Anniversary until i saw a DBP .:R in town the other day and fell in love. Sounded lovely! I'd probably consider a silver one too.

Out of interest, what's the MPG on them? I've read its 23 but just wanted to make sure.

·
3,732 Posts
on average i get about 22.5 on a daily blat about the place, but on long journeys i can get it closer to 30, the harder you plant your foot the lower it goes and i will admit i do punish her from time to time but never got her lower than 14

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahh that's not too bad. Mine's pulling an average of 28 anyway and i've only ever seen it really low when i took it on track. Just wish i had the money now!

Cheers.

·
3,732 Posts
i had to wait a few months before i found the right car, i was practically chewing the corner of the sofa :D

totally in love with it now i have it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.