VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Finally got onto the forum, my first registration wouldnt let me on and the activation link kept saying page not found

Registered again and all went well!

I have been wanting an R32 for years whilst at uni and now I am working I can finally start looking

I know it has probably been asked a million times but any pointers on what to look out for on a MK V when looking at potential buys would be great

I was hoping to get hold of a DBP DSG with leather seats and was hoping to spend around 9k rather than going to a dealer and spending a lot more overall over time. Does this spec sound possible on the budget? I was hoping for the bigger radio system too but this is something I could live without if the other points I mentioned are present.

I really prefer the older standard wheels too over the newer ones but I guess these could always be changed later.

That silver one in the classified section looks almost perfect at 9,4k but unfortunately not blue

Great forum btw I have enjoyed lurking before I registered

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Bonjour

The Mk5 guys will be along shortly to comprehensively inform you of what to look out for

·
19,388 Posts
- LED 3rd brake light fails, check operation.
- Inner edges of front tyres wear
- Check that the car has had the 28F5 recall done to have the latest version of coilpacks fitted.(2007 cars and older)
- Rust on front wings around wheel arch (VW replace majority under 12 year anti-corrosion warranty)
- DSG boxes need an oil and filter change every 40k miles. Confirm it has been done.
- Haldex needs an oil and filter every 40k miles. Confirm it has been done.
- Plugs every 40k miles. Confirm when last changed.
- Brake fluid change every 2 years.

Welcome to the forum

·
19,388 Posts
Cheers mate, I will take note.

Do you think I am aiming high for my budget or does it look OK?
Should be possible but it may have a few miles on it.

Apart from the leather, I would try and find one with Highline and MFSW. Wouldn't worry too much about audio as it can easily be retrofitted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did I hear the highline computer was standard on DSG?

Yes I would like MFSW, but I can live without it..didnt want to push my luck on this budget haha

·
19,388 Posts
Did I hear the highline computer was standard on DSG?

Yes I would like MFSW, but I can live without it..didnt want to push my luck on this budget haha
Yes, highline and MFSW are standard on DSG.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys

It is the hardest thing ever taking my time and not just rushing into the first one that looks OK in budget haha

Cant wait to find one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:

That was fast haha

Has anyone bought their car off ebay? What is the deal as if you bid and win technically you have bought, so if there was no time to view so you bid then turn up and something is dodgy....seems a bit of a mess.

·
Registered
977 Posts
This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:

That was fast haha

Has anyone bought their car off ebay? What is the deal as if you bid and win technically you have bought, so if there was no time to view so you bid then turn up and something is dodgy....seems a bit of a mess.
I've bought a few run abouts a in the past but nothing significant, usually says if your bidding to buy or view or whatever but I'd try call the seller and go see.... Can always bid on the fly with eBay mobile..... if you won and turned up and it was a shed and wasnt as described then you'd be covered anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts