VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to the OC but wanted to say that you guys have been really useful when I have run into issues up until now. I have had my R32 for around 5 months now and absolutely love it.

Last week I took it to get it remapped and have some other normal work done to it. I opted for the REVO stage 1. I actually really like the remap - the car feels stronger all the way through the rev range at full throttle. Only problem is that the throttle is now too sensitive and front-heavy, something documented on here before. I wanted to get the sensitivity reduced back to near stock responsiveness but the place I got it done is not open on the weekends, and I dont have any more holiday I can take.

Would anybody be able to help reduce the throttle sensitivity for me? I dont mind travelling a bit to come and see anyone.

Thanks in advance

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to the OC but wanted to say that you guys have been really useful when I have run into issues up until now. I have had my R32 for around 5 months now and absolutely love it.

Last week I took it to get it remapped and have some other normal work done to it. I opted for the REVO stage 1. I actually really like the remap - the car feels stronger all the way through the rev range at full throttle. Only problem is that the throttle is now too sensitive and front-heavy, something documented on here before. I wanted to get the sensitivity reduced back to near stock responsiveness but the place I got it done is not open on the weekends, and I dont have any more holiday I can take.

Would anybody be able to help reduce the throttle sensitivity for me? I dont mind travelling a bit to come and see anyone.

Thanks in advance
Where abouts are you.

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Im in the midlands.You need someone with a revo sps switch. The only people i know that have one is James who is further up north and paul youngsyp but not sure where he is.Im sure someone will come along close to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im in the midlands.You need someone with a revo sps switch. The only people i know that have one is James who is further up north and paul youngsyp but not sure where he is.Im sure someone will come along close to you.
I was reading somewhere that the sps switch only alters values like throttle sensitivity for a short period of time. As in it re-learns how it was initially remapped to behave. Is there any truth to that?

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
I was reading somewhere that the sps switch only alters values like throttle sensitivity for a short period of time. As in it re-learns how it was initially remapped to behave. Is there any truth to that?
Not heard that at all,I bought one for the very same reason,my throttle was to high and i wanted to turn it down a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not heard that at all,I bought one for the very same reason,my throttle was to high and i wanted to turn it down a bit.
Thanks for clearing that up. Do you still have the switch then, or have you sold it?

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. Do you still have the switch then, or have you sold it?
I still have it.Handy thing to have.Theres a few on ebay if your looking to buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts