VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, thought i'd pop over and say hello, based in glasgow. Both the old man and brother have R32's so i'm slowly bein converted.

I've got a V6 - albeit another breed of V6. Comments welcome.

Regards

Ali

·
540 Posts
hey mate!!welcome!!!

luving the motor....was gona get one myself a few years ago but thot against it when i drove the R.

the fatness of those cars are amazing!!!

dont suppose your brother or old man are coming to the rr day in aberdeen on the 24th of nov are they???

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
andyr32 said:
hey mate!!welcome!!!

luving the motor....was gona get one myself a few years ago but thot against it when i drove the R.

the fatness of those cars are amazing!!!

dont suppose your brother or old man are coming to the rr day in aberdeen on the 24th of nov are they???
I may and the bro is based in aberdee. JWR 7C is his plate, grey R32, always spotless!

I was at the eastside VW meet two yrs ago. Was only one r32 on that day. Plate was GOLF M or something like that?!

Cheers the Vee is lovely, but lacks the creature comforts of the R and the solid feel! Not alot in it performance wise either...Which annoyed me a little! haha!

regards

Ali

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Welcome to the site,

I like the look of those V6's but as they lacked in the same quality inside as the R does i didnt really look at them before i bought my R.

Very rare too, and you cant miss em when you see them cos there sooooo wide lol.

Hows it compare to your brothers R handling etc ? :driver:

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
macdaddy said:
Welcome to the site,

I like the look of those V6's but as they lacked in the same quality inside as the R does i didnt really look at them before i bought my R.

Very rare too, and you cant miss em when you see them cos there sooooo wide lol.

Hows it compare to your brothers R handling etc ? :driver:
I can't 'honestly' comment as i've not driven the R on track, whilst i work at knockhill it still doesn't give me the right to say it's better or worse.

I love the weighty feel of the R and the solidarity of it. The gearbox annoys me...But heyho. The seats are awesome and when i was on a good blast in it, it went really well, nicely poised and decent balance through tight and long cambered corners.

Is it for me....Dunno, yes for everyday purpose and a quality place to be. But at 21/22 it's still a little grown up for me! ;)

The vee's a different kettle of babies. Utter shite inside - Pardon my french if the forum doesn't block the swearin. Pisspoor build quality. BUT i've never been in a car like it, the noise is unlike anything you've heard, granted not as nice on start up as the R, but on cam it's wild! Plus like said above, it's a special car to be in. I love the attention it draws...Sometimes its a bit much!

It's marginally quicker from 50 to silly speeds but not enough to boast about. It's a hoot to drive, quite twitchy, but i've been racing since i was 7, i love the challenge.

Couple of vids for those who are interested.

Rds

Ali

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Nice motor you got there, and good vids too.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tamr32 said:
Hi ali welcome to the forum mate nice v6 my missis as a clio so lets say im not a fan but nice car and colour hope. Hope to see you at the RR day at wallace should be a few R32 owners there plus a few charged ones to convince you even more
Ha! :) Sounds good tam.

Ali

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.