VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am soon to be a owner of a Golf R32 which i collect on saturday, and have done an internet search for owners clubs and found this site.

Nice to meet you lot, and hopefully will be getting involved!!.

cheers

Kraft

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops yeah sorry that was abit of a brief intro..

i am from Bucks, UK.. name is Mark.. Hi..

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Welcome Mark

Near Bedford ?

Mk4 or Mk5 ,That you are getting at the weekend ?

Happy New Year to you also

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Caxton, bedford isnt too far, maybe 40-50 mins maybe?

I have just bought a manual 06 3 Door R32. Its a little low spec, but it's in gorgous grey and very low mileage. Its got PDC, Cruise, and Leather, and i think thats it. I am having the new touch screen sat nav fitted in a few months.

I really cant wait to get it, although i have been driving a MKV GTI, the R just seemed so much nice and TBH it was the only car i wanted to replace the gti.

@Davefish, yeah thats me.. Hi..:).. tyresmoke is a very good forum, but i was keen to get on an owners club, more personal i reckon..:).

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
[quote name='Kraft']@Caxton, bedford isnt too far, maybe 40-50 mins maybe?

I have just bought a manual 06 3 Door R32. Its a little low spec, but it's in gorgous grey and very low mileage. Its got PDC, Cruise, and Leather, and i think thats it. I am having the new touch screen sat nav fitted in a few months.

I really cant wait to get it, although i have been driving a MKV GTI, the R just seemed so much nice and TBH it was the only car i wanted to replace the gti.

Mark I did live @Caxton near Cambourne,But moved to Suffolk Just thought that I would call my profile id Caxton01

A mate at work has a GTI mk5 as well,(Dont know if he will updrade to the .:R though)

Have you got any photos (Or will that be the weekend when you pick it up)? :151:

Whats PDC ? Park Distance Control ??

·
2,548 Posts
Yeah, this is much better than Tyresmoke if you own an .:R.

In answer to your TS comment. If you get a kick out of performing your own rev perfect downshift, lightning quick upshift or holding your car completely still uphill without using the break (and a few other scenarios) then you've made the right decision ;-)

DSG is by all accounts one of the best "automated manuals" on the market though. I'd be happy to wave goodbye to a clutch pedal if it meant I was the owner of a new Nissan GTR!

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah i dont have any photos yet, i will get very snap mad when i pick it up.

PDC is indeed park distance control, i kinda rely on it, so its a must with me.. not too good at reverse parking.lol

Dave DSG is sweet, but i got very lazy, was only driving it like a auto. The things i didnt like about it was the take off. On my journey to work, i have a country road joining a main A road from stand still, and so many times got caught short and really wished i had a manual.

But i seriously cant slag it off, cos it really is a fantastic gear box and loved my golf experience.

·
286 Posts
Hi Mark, Welcome to R32OC. I'm another one from Bucks - Aylesbury. Mk4 .:R Indigo Blue.

Perhaps the makings of a mini-meet for us Bucks lads?

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow some locals!!..nice one!! i will wave if i see any R now just in case!.

Vintage - indigo blue, sounds a very nice colour, i will be on the look out for ya!!.:)

My mate who lives near oxford (maybe even be registered on here) has a DPB mk4 r32 as well, beutiful colour and car!!.

·
5,616 Posts
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum :ciao:

·
Registered
267 Posts
:wavey:

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. The debate on DSG v manual will go on forever and at the end of the day it is al down to personal preference. Going from my lads Mk IV manual to my MK V DSG is wonderful experience for me.

Whatever, you cannot take away the sheer grin inducing effect that either R32 gives you. Also I don't listen to the stereo too much as the car produces a wonderful soundtrack of its own.

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thx for all the welcome!!

I am really looking forward to .:R ownership, i travel to work early in the morning, so there is hardly any traffic.. will be great to cruise along!!

·
3 Posts
Kraft said:
Wow some locals!!..nice one!! i will wave if i see any R now just in case!.

Vintage - indigo blue, sounds a very nice colour, i will be on the look out for ya!!.:)

My mate who lives near oxford (maybe even be registered on here) has a DPB mk4 r32 as well, beutiful colour and car!!.
I am indeed ;) Not been active - apologies as the last year has been full on and I've had little time for anything else. Mark would back me up on that!

Will see you next week mate, can we get everybody here to encourage Mark in getting a Milltek fitted to finish off the R32, esp. as Ed @ APS is such a good chap and so local!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts