VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Hids-direct Review

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MJVR6 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I placed an order with Hids-direct last week, after another set of eBay special LEDs failed in my sidelights. Like a lot of people I suppose that I wasn't really aware of/ever looked for another place to buy LEDs/bulbs other than eBay or Halfrauds, but I won't bother looking at those anymore. Hids-direct's website is really easy to use, informative, and I rang them to match sure what I was ordering would suit my needs, and they were happy to help. Placed an order at 6pm and it was dispatched by 9 the next day (it was lost by Royal Mail for 2 days but there's only one company to blame for that....)

This is the third set of LEDs, and second set of load resistors, I've tried on my MK5. Install was far easier because the load resistors are like an OEM extension, everything clicks into place as it should. I run 'US Spec' indicators as DRLs and the result is perfect, however unfortunately a tad bright for my phone camera. Looks the perfect brightness in real person, will try to upload one with my DSLR.

Result:

Automotive lighting Hood Car Tire Wheel

501 Extreme Power 5W Cree Canbus White LED:

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Service

XTEC OBC Bulb Error Load Resistor:

Data transfer cable Cable Composite material Electric blue Wire

EBAY SH1T I REMOVED:

Automotive lighting Gadget Audio equipment Headlamp Cable

See the bulb that broke on removal... don't believe CREE advertising, it's only an LED type! And also the rubber fitting on the load resistor, for the LED, which was useless! Picture added to show what I received from a well advertised eBay store.

Disclaimer: you may get lucky with an eBay supplier, but from now on I'll use these guys; at least I know they test products out before selling them!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.