VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Hey guys. Lsst coupke of days my idling in my mk4 has been flucuating slightly. Hovering up to 800rpm sits there and sometimes goes down to 600 odd. Sometimes it idles at 600 odd as normal and doesn't move.

Now i have read a thread on here about idling. I appreciate if you turn stuff on, seats, rear window, headlights etc. It will raise revs slightly etc.

It sometimes goes up to 800 with just the sidelights on.

I have cleaned the Throttle Body already. Doesnt seem to help. My voltage gauge displays is normal 14v ish. I have scanned with a code reader and now codes.
She slso runs perfectly normal and drives normal
Suggestions.

Sent from my dog and bone by crash bandicoot

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reefer2106 said:
Temp sensor fault I would say as it wouldn't crop up as a fault as such
Ok what temp sensor are we talking about here??

·
2,097 Posts
I had the same problem, turned out to be a cracked vacuum hose on the brake servo giving me a vac leak and messing the idle up. New hose and it was sorted
have a listen out for vac leaks mate

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem, turned out to be a cracked vacuum hose on the brake servo giving me a vac leak and messing the idle up. New hose and it was sorted
have a listen out for vac leaks mate

Thats the stiff pipe isnt it at the back yer?? ill have a nosey see if there is anything there :/

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MAF's not on its way out is it?
Well i hope not, they expensive. but as said no codes appeared. Doesn't mean its not broke i guess though.

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thinking about though mate, on the front of the inlet manifold there is that little rod vacuum thing the opens the ports inside the manifold??
Well that was leaking the other day for week or so before i got chance to try and fix it.
the little O Ring is worn out and could do with replacing. i put little grease round it to try stop the leak it appears to have worked.
Would this have anything to do with it?

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Well i hope not, they expensive. but as said no codes appeared. Doesn't mean its not broke i guess though.
Well you can run data logs on VCDS you know to see if it's working properly, just take it for a spin with the measuring block in real time and get someone to see what the readings are.. A properly functioning one produces around anywhere from 190-220 G/S as far as i'm aware.. If it's much lower, there's a clue..

·
10 Posts
Hey guys

I have a bit of an idel problem it only does it form cold start in the morning
Or if the cars been left for long time. It reves high for about a minute at around 1100-1200
Revs but normal idel is abt 700ish it doesn't always do it but its more often than not now
it's getting annoying.
Does this sound like a cracked pipe then?

Cheers........

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SEEL77 said:
Hey guys

I have a bit of an idel problem it only does it form cold start in the morning
Or if the cars been left for long time. It reves high for about a minute at around 1100-1200
Revs but normal idel is abt 700ish it doesn't always do it but its more often than not now
it's getting annoying.
Does this sound like a cracked pipe then?

Cheers........
Thats normal for cold start dude. Nothing worry about

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alexmac said:
You mean the change over valve? Yes mate I would replace that as first call and see what happens

Yes mate that thing couldnt remember what its called.....can i buy just the seals or do have get a whole replacement valve??

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Mate check block 032 in vcds. The fuel trim will tell you if you have a vac leak.

Any leak in the vac system can cause that problem.

If you fancy a trip to hudds at the weekend I could have a dig around for you.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
DougalR said:
Thinking about though mate, on the front of the inlet manifold there is that little rod vacuum thing the opens the ports inside the manifold??
Well that was leaking the other day for week or so before i got chance to try and fix it.
the little O Ring is worn out and could do with replacing. i put little grease round it to try stop the leak it appears to have worked.
Would this have anything to do with it?
Yes very likely the cause IMO. You can get a repair kit for it. Comes with a new O seal.

Reactions: alexmac

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JamesBaby said:
Yes very likely the cause IMO. You can get a repair kit for it. Comes with a new O seal.
I hope it is
yes i discovered that today before i read this. I rang expecting to have buy the whole thing. Mate said about repair kit. £11+vat. Be here friday. So hopefully cures the problem. I cant find any other leaks at the mo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts