VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a search on Google and the forum but can't really find a lot about it.
Is it possible?
I've found a solution but it seems like it's only for diesel cars. Anyone heard of gellatto? Is there a petrol version?
I gather that all the mapping is done through the obd port so can't really see what the problem would be.

Wayne

·
19,389 Posts
Superchips bluefin is hased on the user mapping tne car.

·
2,204 Posts
Nothing seems to exist for R32s. In America there are things like Unisettings and Lemmiwinks for 1.8Ts but you can only change a small number of settings. Things like idle speed, rev limit, boost pressure AFR etc.

Thing is though, ECU tuning companies don't want people doing stuff to their ECUs for free, that they can charge you for

There are only handful of guys out there with the skills willing to distribute shareware.

There's a forum called ECU Connections and there's a lot of ME7 knowhow in there. Might be worth a look?

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I'll check it out.
I get that they don't want users doing stuff on their own but just a tweak here and there isn't going to pu then it if business.
I fully appreciate custom mapping but to suit bolt on basic mods it's overkill.
I just want a basic approach that I can do at home.

·
1,243 Posts
Galletto is only half of software needed, you then need something like winols to alter the bin file. To be honest I've looked at the ecu data in winols and its hard to work out unless you have quite a bit of knowledge. A they say a little knowledges is a dangerous thing, that why igot my friend to alter mine for me.

·
2,204 Posts
Yup, it's all in HEX. The difficulty professional mappers have, let alone home tweakers, is finding all the maps. There are well over 100 of them in ME7 and not many of them are clearly labelled.

·
1,243 Posts
Yeh winols will ID Bosch maps for the most part but you still have to figure out the map. Ill be honest I always though remapping was money for old rope but after a basic show and tell off a mate its anything but.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts