VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
So basically my insurance is up for renewal end of this month and back in October i knew it would be coming up soon so thought I would have a quick look on Compare the Market. So i put in all my details and got a few prices around the £600 mark which i was pretty happy with as last year I paid just over £800.

I have just gone onto my account and updated the prices for today and the cheapest price was £1130???!!!!!

The details put in are exactly the same, nothing has changed apart from it being nearly 2 months further on.

How in the hell can the price increase by £500 in just under 2 months???!!!!

Am I missing something here???!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Maybe some theft or vandalism has gone on in your area within the last few months?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Go through a broker, the comparison sites are normally a waste of time for cars. A bloke on watchdog said the same last night.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Have you tired Greenlight insurance? Im 31 with over 7 years NCD, and everyone on the comparison websites were quoting me well over a grand. Ive been with greenlight for 3 years runnibg which is strange for me because i normally change my insurer every year but no-one has been able to beat GL for the last 3 years. They also do club member discount and cover most mods for free, for example my milltek is covered at no extra charge

I also have comutting to work and driving at peak times on my policy and i paid £422 for the whole year.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No thefts or vandalism that I know of recently in my area.

I was planning on using one of the insurance providers from here anyway I just can't get over how much it went up!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shall be contacting you soon. Just need to find some time to get around to calling.

Cheers

·
Registered
406 Posts
I find doing a clean quote on those comparison sites to be better than just updating the previous quote with the new date.

Mine went up by a grand when I adjusted it to the correct date but went back to the previous price when I set it up as a new quote

·
Registered
274 Posts
The premium always seems to hike up for no reason the closer you get to the insurance start date. So the premium is more if you wanted cover from today or tomorrow, whereas if you buy it two weeks in advance, it's much cheaper. Found that out the hard way last year, it's silly. Sounds like that could be your problem, give it a go?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I shall give putting the details in fresh a go. My insurance isnt due till the 22nd (shit time I know lol) so it being too close shouldnt affect mine. I'm going to give the insurance companies off here a ring soons anyway as I think they will be the best way to go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you tired Greenlight insurance? Im 31 with over 7 years NCD, and everyone on the comparison websites were quoting me well over a grand. Ive been with greenlight for 3 years runnibg which is strange for me because i normally change my insurer every year but no-one has been able to beat GL for the last 3 years. They also do club member discount and cover most mods for free, for example my milltek is covered at no extra charge

I also have comutting to work and driving at peak times on my policy and i paid £422 for the whole year.
Just thought I would say that I have contacted Greenlight insurance and took out a modified policy with them today for just under £700 which is much cheaper than all other quotes I have recieved so I'm a vey happy man today

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Your welcome Rob, happy i was able to help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts