VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the home owners thread I'm thinking am I doing something wrong or is everyone on here getting paid to much lol or is it on the never never? So come on how did you pay for it? My last car I had I released some equity in one of my flats and paid for it all then 2 and a half years later I used it against my R32 and my wife had cash to pay the rest of it so no money owed.

·
2,803 Posts
Cash deposit, direct debit for the main amount

·
1,927 Posts
Transferred money from savings account to current account and used my debit card. Was about £6500 after they took off the trade-in of £8K for my old car...

·
899 Posts
Cash. Just like every repair and every mod.

No luxury car is worth getting in dept for, if you cant afford it wait a little bit longer till you can
that's my way of thinking!

Reactions: rtorbs

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
Cheempeej said:
Went under the bed and pocked out a shoebox of twenties
That sounds like the same banking system that I use for large amounts if cash

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
2,204 Posts
Cash.

I never normally spend more than £5K on a car, but I made an exception on this occasion as I wanted a good MK4, but as we all know, no R32 is without it's issues, regardless of how much you spend on the smeggers!

·
Soon to be Naked Member
3,836 Posts
Swapped my BMW for it plus a bit of dollar my way
have to work 2 jobs to afford it but he's worth it!

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about MK5 and 6 owners? I doubt they have 10K plus under the bed or just sitting in the bank waiting for a rainy day. Doesnt anyone here go on holiday or spend on the odd luxury now and again?

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont go to mad but I like to go see a football match 1 to 3 times a season or go cinema. Anyways caravans aint cheap lol

·
678 Posts
P/x a l200 warrior plus cash

·
719 Posts
I just got a loan for 11k... work pay me an allowance for the running my own car so my repayment period is based on that
Although mileage kills the value (just over 120k on the clock now).

·
Soon to be Naked Member
3,836 Posts
I dont go to mad but I like to go see a football match 1 to 3 times a season or go cinema. Anyways caravans aint cheap lol
You need to treat yourself every now and again, can't just work all our lives to pay the bills! Got a good deal on this one and it'll last a few years plus it was well worth it for the naff weather on Saturday night at VDub Fest!! Sitting inside with a can of carling, the heating on and a pizza and garlic bread in the oven whilst the rain and wind was lashing other peoples tents to pieces was bliss

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I just got a loan for 11k... work pay me an allowance for the running my own car so my repayment period is based on that
Although mileage kills the value (just over 120k on the clock now).
Highest mileage MK5 on the OC i think! There was an ex cop MK5 R32 on eBay last year with 200k on

1 - 20 of 57 Posts