VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we paying for tyres..

Need 2 fronts, they have dunlops maxx or something on there, VW quoted me 147 each, any good?

·
286 Posts
Go to Event Tyres. www.event-tyres.co.uk I just got 4 Goodyear Eagle Asymms for £450ish - about £113 per corner fitted and it was done at my work as they are mobile. I couldn't beat that price even trying from Black Circles, MK Tyres or any of the Nationals.

edit: looks like from event tyres two Dunlop Sport Maxx = £237 fitted at your house/work

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vintage_Geek said:
Go to Event Tyres. www.event-tyres.co.uk I just got 4 Goodyear Eagle Asymms for £450ish - about £113 per corner fitted and it was done at my work as they are mobile. I couldn't beat that price even trying from Black Circles, MK Tyres or any of the Nationals.

edit: looks like from event tyres two Dunlop Sport Maxx = £237 fitted at your house/work
wow, cheers stuart!!.. i will give them a call.

Are the Dunlops any good?.. or should i replace the front with conti sports?

·
1,149 Posts
Shame they don't cover my postcode i could do with 2 rears soon.

·
281 Posts
db7, try Save On Tyres in Swindon. He does all me and some of my mates tyres, always gets them cheap and he is mobile.

·
1,149 Posts
Cheers Scott i'll take a look :)

·
286 Posts
Kraft said:
wow, cheers stuart!!.. i will give them a call.

Are the Dunlops any good?.. or should i replace the front with conti sports?
No idea really, I've been using the Goodyear Eagles on my last car and this and have been very happy. I know VW put the Michelin Sports, bit more expensive for not much more performance imo, on the MK4 but I have no experience with the MK5.

·
281 Posts
Give Uniroyal Rainsports a go as well they are really sticky in the wet and dry. Very comparible to the Goodyear Eagles but with better dry weather grip.

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx for the help all!!

have gone for Dunlops again, cos thats whats on the back as well, thought i would keep them the same.

Ordered them from etyres as they were the cheapest!.. (thx a lot homer)

They are fitting on Monday, so hopefully they wont wreck me car!..:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts