VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
4,420 Posts
20bhp?

·
4,420 Posts
As above, if it feels quick then it feels quick regardless of figures, but you wont be disappointed with this mods above

·
2,803 Posts
It will sound like 2,000,000 horsepower

·
179 Posts
As mentioned i would guess 20 - 25bhp, non resonated would get you closer to the 25bhp, a decat maybe a couple more pony's, not a massive amount for the cash it will require to have it all done, but you'll never regret it when you hear the sound it makes, and the remap will completely change the drivability/feel of the car which is what its all about.

G

·
Resonated/Non-Resonated won't be different from each other in gains, just noise level.

De-cat on the other hand will free it up nicely.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,321 Posts
Can someone tell me what gains, i might get, by fitting a full Resonated Miltek System with sports cat and manifold, with a remap as well. to a MK4 32

thanks...
Unless you are happy spending lots of money on a car i wouldn`t bother with the manifolds or sports cat to be honest as your looking at the best part of £1000 fitted for manifold and sport cats for only a few BHP gain on the top end over fitting a £140 de-cat.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Lucifer said:
Unless you are happy spending lots of money on a car i wouldn`t bother with the manifolds or sports cat to be honest as your looking at the best part of £1000 fitted for manifold and sport cats for only a few BHP gain on the top end over fitting a £140 de-cat.
Nice sales pitch!!

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
I was going to fit manifolds next ... Do you reckon it's worth it, the dubpower ones come in at £400... How much of a pig are they to fit?

·
4,420 Posts
Do-able on the drive?

I have stands and a basic tool kit and can spread over 2 days
i wouldn't, i asked awesome about it and they said it took them 6 hours to do one and thats with the proper stuff, ramps, and know how

·
2,204 Posts
I read somewhere the MK1 TT had a nice 6 branch as standard. Not sure if it's true or not.

I've also discovered that MK5 engines have steel manifolds with bigger ports than the MK4 cast ones. I'm sure you could mix and match some oem bits from ebay to improve the breathing cheaply.

The only aftermarket mainfold I like the look of is Supersprint but LHD only and major cash

1 - 20 of 41 Posts