VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question falls under peoples own opinions, and is asked quite frequently, but I was wondering if I could have a few opinions from fellow members..

It is a 2007 57 reg R32 (18/10/2007)

Deep Blue Pearl effect

Dsg

Leathers - not recaros

Winter pack

Arm rest

The 6 disc cd player - not nav

43200 miles

Two wheels have very very minor marks on (girlfriend) and the other two are perfect.

Paint condition is brilliant - was detaillied last summer and washed properly since, (i plan to detail again before i sell).

Full service history - first two vw, the rest independant garages.

Dsg and haldex service were recently done also.

I need to get a diesel - since the petrol cost driving to Aberdeen from Liverpool and back is killing me off

All opinions welcome, and, thank you in advance

Chris

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
Hard one, somewhere between £10.5 and £12k, but start off high allowing for offers would be my advice.

Paul

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I'd say £13k but I'm no expert. I know what I paid for mine and am shocked at the depreciation in 18 months. Worst car I've ever bought in that sense...

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,580 Posts
Had mine for 3 years, lost 5 k in depreciation, least I have ever lost on a normal car. Sold it for £16k 2 years ago, they have dropped a fair bit since.

Paul

·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys for the replies, i think i may put it up for around 12ish and see what happens.. Its a bit sad, but, needs must and all... :/

·
2,665 Posts
I expect to be reasonaly happy with depreciation on mine. Expecting to have lost a £K per year over for 4 years.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
According to prices and talk on here I've lost £5k to £6k in 18 months or about 75p to 80p a mile depreciation

·
19,389 Posts
I would say between £11,000 and £11,500 so advertising at £12,000 is,fair.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ill say whatever someone wants to pay for it..... If it helps I bought a pretty similar spec 6 months ago for 14.5k

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
So you've lost £3,000+ in 6 months... The market's shocking right now

·
Registered
977 Posts
So you've lost £3,000+ in 6 months... The market's shocking right now :(/>
Errrm I wouldn't necessarily say that.... It's still one of the lowest millage example in the country..... Less than 17k..... and get driven daily

I average 14k a year so say in 18 months if I get rid it'll still be less than 40k

Although there are a few guys on here who prefer to polish rather than drive their cars so no doubt there's one in a box somewhere with delivery miles on lol :p

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Errrm I wouldn't necessarily say that.... It's still one of the lowest millage example in the country..... Less than 17k..... and get driven daily

I average 14k a year so say in 18 months if I get rid it'll still be less than 40k

Although there are a few guys on here who prefer to polish rather than drive their cars so no doubt there's one in a box somewhere with delivery miles on lol :p
That will help a little but nowadays low mileage doesn't seem to do much to value
I'm on 22k and do less than 5k a year, but it won't increase the value much if anything (so I'm told)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Most cars depreciate but that tend to stop after a couple of years....you may find the mk5 will hold its value around £9/10k for a good example

Had mine for 2 years now and paid £14.5k so fully expect it to have depreciated.

I intend keeping it unless I get a few quid stashed and then it's a 2007/08 RS4 ;-)

·
2,665 Posts
I bought mine with 20K miles on it and ive added 50k in 4 years of ownership as a daily driver.

Depreciations expected really. Im sure the owner that bought it new lost a lot more in 18 months than i will ever lose so dont feel too bad. I feel like ive had my moneys worth.

A mate bought a used 57 plate covertible 335i M Sport for around £32K and is currently a bit fed up that its getting valued around £14k. He probably puts 2k a year on it as a weekend toy.

Could be worse i feel.

·
Registered
977 Posts
That will help a little but nowadays low mileage doesn't seem to do much to value :(/> I'm on 22k and do less than 5k a year, but it won't increase the value much if anything (so I'm told)
Agree totally but as in my case when I went to look I'd pay an extra grand or two for one with say 40k after 8/9 years than one with 100k+ say.... But again depends how it's been treated etc

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine pretty much same pal but silver had 38k on clock full vw history manual an i payed £12500

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Agree totally but as in my case when I went to look I'd pay an extra grand or two for one with say 40k after 8/9 years than one with 100k+ say.... But again depends how it's been treated etc
Yea I think you and I are in the similar position where we would need to hold out for buyers like us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts