VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, the numberplate 'R32 CAR' is for sale for nearly 4k in your eyes, how much do you think the numberplate is worth and does the 'Car' in the numberplate spoil it or does it make a difference?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? I understand if you didn't have an R32 and weren't the one where you would see buying it would be a investment, but if you had an r32 car, surely the r32 car number would be attractive to have, considering the car it would be sitting on.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
1k Max. Im not overly fussed on Private plates. If it was a 5 digit obviously worth heaps more

·
Wheel Whore!
1,204 Posts
It was in a dvla auction about 9-10 months ago.

Needless to say it was expensive then at £900.

·
89 Posts
www.regtransfers.co.uk have R32 CAR for sale for £3325, of course that doesn't answer your question, but it is what they are offering

HTH

·
1,138 Posts
Number plates are so subjective to price, as everyone wants a certain plate for varying reasons.

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 1k for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HMM really want to buy it, but but even if i can get it down to 2.2k - 2.4k it will still be nearly 3k for VAT/fees etc.

I think 1 and a half k and maybe vat also would probs tempt me.

·
19,389 Posts
Simply, it's worth what someone will pay for it:)

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Simply, it's worth what someone will pay for it:)
When I saw you'd posted I'd have bet all I owned that was what you'd posted

Although technically I thought you'd have worded it "It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it" but I was close enough

·
19,389 Posts
When I saw you'd posted I'd have bet all I owned that was what you'd posted

Although technically I thought you'd have worded it "It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it" but I was close enough
I like to change it around a bit:)

Reactions: L_O_Z

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
I'm the same as Paul.. Even for a plate i really wanted, i'd not pay more than a grand for it.. And that's pushing it... I have seen the perfect plate for me, 32 RJH, but i'm not paying £7295 for it.

·
3,392 Posts
Its also been for sale for years, shows how overpriced it actually is.

Whoever buys this will be stuck with it just as long unless your willing to take a massive hit and sell it for real world money....

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Numberplates are so subjective, people get carried away saying "it's worth this much" bla bla.

Only worth what someone will pay you for it.

There was on here a long time ago v666 glf I offered 500 but the lad wasn't interested, really wanted that plate : (

·
4,715 Posts
Ryan-H said:
I'm the same as Paul.. Even for a plate i really wanted, i'd not pay more than a grand for it.. And that's pushing it... I have seen the perfect plate for me, 32 RJH, but i'm not paying £7295 for it.
But your not RJH now
your RYAN-H

·
Registered
557 Posts
Same here was going to get another plate but got my "V6 DDY" for a good price so got that. Always said nothing over £500.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It was in a dvla auction about 9-10 months ago.

Needless to say it was expensive then at £900.
I couldn't agree more it was over priced back then.. And the reg sounds a bit thick in my opinion... I prefer V6 number plates

Reactions: Andrew. and Ash-SA
1 - 19 of 19 Posts