VW Golf R32 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
4,420 Posts
Thanks,I'll give you a call in a few days. My insurance is due for renewal mid December and I'm looking to leave admiral not just because of the cost but also because of their attitude towards any modifications.
likewise

·
Registered
223 Posts
£1300
Fully comp
19 years old with 2 years ncb
I dont think its to bad considering when I passed I paid 2400 for a 1.2 8v fiat punto

·
Registered
313 Posts
£530 w/ Premium Choice
2005 '55' R32, No Mods
10k miles per year limit
Fully Comp with Fiancee (26) as a named driver
5 years NCB (3 of which were declared company car)
Oxford
Quantity Surveyor (Construction)

·
Been That long I can not reMember
1,162 Posts
All mods declared 23yrs old, 4yrs nc with a crash on record £830 fully comp on own policy

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
Just done mine yesterday now pay £276

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking at renewals and at this new house it's £1600+

4yrs NCB
26yrs old...
No points (I'm lucky)

Using old post code it's only £700+

Talking about having my pants down haha... Think a new house is on the horizon.

·
568 Posts
Renewal with Sheila's Wheels was £330, going through GoCompare the quote was for £315 (so much for rewarding loyalty as we all know).

Admirals quote was £248 so phoned SW to ask if they match and was informed they don't price match.......and that was it, no question on how much cheaper, was it a like for like policy, was there anything SW could do to retain my business!

Suffice to say saved £60+ by going through Admiral.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well I was insured with greenlight, I paid 440 if recall. Went to cancel the policy today as they won't insure me on my new car. Ask how much I'll get back, to be told they don't know and I'll get refunded by cheque, first time I've had this and pretty pissed off....

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
leericho said:
Well I was insured with greenlight, I paid 440 if recall. Went to cancel the policy today as they won't insure me on my new car. Ask how much I'll get back, to be told they don't know and I'll get refunded by cheque, first time I've had this and pretty pissed off....
Be grateful you get anything back, they usually charge a cancelation fee for the exact amount your owed

·
4,420 Posts
Just had my best quote so far

£465

Fully comp
£500 compulsory excess , for extra £40 they pay this for the first claim
All mods declared
Can drive any other car regardless of cost or engine TPO
6 yrs ncb
Hire car
Telecoms engineer
23 years old
Mk4 r32

Reactions: AnDub

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just had my best quote so far

£465

Fully comp
£500 compulsory excess , for extra £40 they pay this for the first claim
All mods declared
Can drive any other car regardless of cost or engine TPO
6 yrs ncb
Hire car
Telecoms engineer
23 years old
Mk4 r32
Wow who's this with?

Hoping i can get insurance under 1k now i'm finally 21

·
4,420 Posts
Wow who's this with?

Hoping i can get insurance under 1k now i'm finally 21
Its with adrian flux pal. The thing that made it hard to find was the fact i have air ride and not many places like it. Still need to try brentacre, sky and greenlight, renewal date is approaching on 22nd!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Its with adrian flux pal. The thing that made it hard to find was the fact i have air ride and not many places like it. Still need to try brentacre, sky and greenlight, renewal date is approaching on 22nd!
Good work man, will definitely be trying them when i'm able to insure it again. I'd be over the moon with a quote for £460
I know what you mean, when i was insured with admiral i don't think they had a clue what i meant when i said it was on air ride.
You could also try aviva? My dad is insured on mine atm with them and it's £200 odd for the year ( and they actually understood what the air ride was)

·
4,420 Posts
Good work man, will definitely be trying them when i'm able to insure it again. I'd be over the moon with a quote for £460
I know what you mean, when i was insured with admiral i don't think they had a clue what i meant when i said it was on air ride.
You could also try aviva? My dad is insured on mine atm with them and it's £200 odd for the year ( and they actually understood what the air ride was)
yes i used to be with admiral, was a touchy subject lol, they were like… whats air ride? i had to compare it to a bus so they knew what i meant, followed by, no sorry we don't do it

don't think ill beat what i got but ill keep trying

Reactions: AnDub

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm with Sheila's wheels
and just got my renewal at £310
Mk 5 R32
Value £11k
10y NCD
No points or accidents [just yet]
Stockport
Old cnut

·
1,538 Posts
I've been with a plan since I've had my R except for first year as I didn't know of a plan.
Always been the cheapest for me

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm with admiral and it cost me £1881.73 fully comp
Mk4 R32
Value 7k
3years no claims
20 years old
No points or accidents
Partner
North London