VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out playing in the snow but my god how much salt lol!

And here is a few of the snow, sorry about the crap picture quality took my slr but forgot the memory card doh! so took with my phone!

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This weather is what the 32 is made for, absolutely awesome fun and goes nearly everywhere with snow tyres on, had a few snowboarders giving me funny looks as if to say its not possible for a golf to be all the way up here lol

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
How much snow have you lot had... It's like living in a different country on the South coast, we haven't had a single flake... IT'S NOT FAIR!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I got no snow down here (Ashford Kent) but dam there is some salt on the roads, they have a milky look to them everywhere, driving my 1.8T at the moment and it looks just like your R!, Covered in the stuff!

Wez

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Blue sky and sun is out but it's cold

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much snow have you lot had... It's like living in a different country on the South coast, we haven't had a single flake... IT'S NOT FAIR!
Aye had a canny bit up on the hills, parked my car up and went walking along a road which was closed and the snow was over my knees, a good couple of feet of snow but its the drifts which are immense, some of them are over 20ft!

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah cleaned and polished today, all nice and shiny again but I so tempted to go play in the snow again lol

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Where abouts are you? That's an horrific amount of salt! They've gone nuts for it this year! I live in Cambridge and we've basically had none.

Wish the Winter would just do one now!

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where abouts are you? That's an horrific amount of salt! They've gone nuts for it this year! I live in Cambridge and we've basically had none.

Wish the Winter would just do one now!
Split I'm up at Hexham in northumberland, it's sort of halfway between Newcastle and Carlisle, I'm a big kid at heart I love the snow lol in fact it's just started to snow again ;-)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I've been on the Settle and Carlisle railway back in the day, nice neck of the woods! See some snow recenty has been mental!

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aye it's nice up here great scenery and some fantastic driving roads, plus not to many gestapo cameras either!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine was similar to that but just fom driving to Shrewsbury/Telford and back home to Hereford a couple of times in the last two weeks and we havent had nearly that much snow. There has been some seriously heavy gritting this year.

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Apparently most of this years salt has been imported hence why it's so white compared to previous years! Wey this is what I've been told off a wagon driver, guess he should know really with the amount of miles they do a week!

·
19,401 Posts
Apparently most of this years salt has been imported hence why it's so white compared to previous years! Wey this is what I've been told off a wagon driver, guess he should know really with the amount of miles they do a week!
How does the miles the driver does in a week correlate to knowing where the salt comes from?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts