VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until now I was pretty hacked off that I couldnt buy TV shows and movies from the US iTunes store because it seemed I needed a US registered credit card. Why? Well the US iTunes store seems to me to have so much more and better stuff than the UK store. You can download movies and plenty more tv shows in the US store than you can in our own.

UNTIL NOW

I have discovered a way to purchase items from the iTunes US store, and the best part about it is that items are much cheaper than in the UK store.

Heres how:

1. Purchase a gift certificate for the US store from here wait for the email with your code
2. Load iTunes
3. Click on iTunes Store
4. Scroll to the bottom and select the US Store
5. Click top right where it says 'redeem certificate'
6. Enter the code you received in point 1 above
7. Setup a new account with a dummy US address (I used the address of a hotel I stayed in once, dont worry it doesnt matter what you enter here so long as its a valid US address and zipcode)
8. Go ahead and purchase any item you want from the US store which was seemingly unobtainable previously when all you had access to was the UK store.

Try it for yourself, I did and it works a treat! Heroes Season 1 is on its way to me and so much better quality and faster than downloading torrents.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a quick example of the savings to be had as follows:

Feist - 1234 Music Video
US Store - $1.99 thats around £1
UK Store - £1.89

Thats a saving of 89 pence by purchasing from the US Store.

Also bear in mind that you can purchase UK iTunes store gift certificates from the website quoted above at a discounted rate. For example:

A £50 gift certificate from iTunes store costs £50*
A £50 gift certificate from the website quoted above costs £42.50
Thats a £7.50 saving!

* I believe this is the case anyway, I have not verified this myself but I would think a £50 gift cert has a face value of £50

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another example:

South Park Season 10
iTunes UK Store - £19.99
iTunes US Store - $23.99 thats around £12.00
A saving of £7.99

·
30 Posts
Great info mate, will definately try this out.
Have you recieved your iphone yet? If so how do you find it??

Thanks
Giles

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Giles,

Its great isnt it, the only downside now for me is the Guernsey broadband limitations. We are running 15mb or whatever 15 is in broadband terms so it takes around 3-6 hours to download a single film. My brother in Portsmouth on the other hand says it takes just 10 minutes to download movies with his connection.

I received my iPhone the day after I bought it on ebay and its great, here is a more detailed response:

I love it, its an awesome piece of kit. Browsing the internet with it and checking emails and using the ipod feature is great.

The youtube button is another great feature as is the stock prices button and you can check the weather at the touch of a button too. Im sure you know this already, you must have checked www.apple.com/iphone a number of times

The loudspeaker is ok, it seems like its just the earpiece of the phone which is used to pump the sound up so its nowhere near loud enough to listen to if youre driving along. Stick with the headphones or get an AM/FM transmitter for it if you plan on listening to music from it in the car.

The touchpad is great but I think if you have large fingers you may struggle with the input because it gives you an on-screen QWERTY keyboard and the buttons are quite small to press. You have to be quite precise with it.

At first I thought they should have provided a stylus with it but due to the way the touchscreen works its impossible to use an inanimate object such as a pen with the lid on to use the screen. You have to use your finger.

Mine came pre-hacked when I bought it so I have many third-party apps on it such as a NES Game emulator and custom wallpaper and themes for the display and I can transfer ringtones across with ease. I believe a hacked iPhone also comes with a menu of third party apps which can be installed and they are updated automatically when updates are released. This is done when a wireless network is in range.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, thanks. My iPhone came with AppTapp pre-installed and ready to go, I'll have to download those two apps later :)

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What BS, you have to pay for those apps (no problem there) but they only accept credit cards. Guess I'll have to pass for now.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Ok guys for this to work you must do the following :

Register a free hotmail.COM account with a USA address ( i used the MGM Grand in Vegas )
This USA account/address is required to access the USA itunes !

Buy your voucher from the link Fifty posted above. ( codes then sent to your email address attached to your normal UK paypal account )

Visit itunes and make sure your not logged in under your UK account.

Click redeem ,

You'll be asked to set up a USA account, so again i used the MGM Grand as the address inc zip code is on the website.

Add your code and make sure you select the no payment needed box or you'll be asked for a US credit card.

Now download your desired tunes and there downloaded into your itunes, Its that easy.

Big thanks to Fifty for the link and also for helping me out doing this as i've a hangover and made it hard work :151:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.