VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
we recently bought a mk5 golf r32 in metallic black, the car has the common rusty front wing and we were looking to get a replacement. when coming to look for the paint code however, nothing can be found, there is a sticker in the drivers door sill but it is too far gone to read. All other commonly found areas there nothing to be found.
Would anyone be able to help determine the paint code, whether there was only one metallic black for the 2009 golf r32 anyway and the code for that? if not any other means of finding out?
the other thing was as its high mileage if there was a way to find out the condition of the timing chain, i have heard before that you can get them checked through the OBD scanner?

Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK it seems this paint code is used through the golf range so not just r32? Just asking because scrolling through breaking golfs.
Also as to the vcds is that something a dealership will offer?

·
Registered
849 Posts
There is indeed only one paint code but 7 or 8 different variations of the metallic flake colouring within that code just to make things complicated :s

My fleck is silver and purple but yours might be gold for example.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okk thanks, the other thing though is are the front wings on the r32 the same as a normal golf, I always thought so until today when ours was behind me and it looked kind of wide?

·
19,472 Posts
Okk thanks, the other thing though is are the front wings on the r32 the same as a normal golf, I always thought so until today when ours was behind me and it looked kind of wide?
The front wings on the MK5 R32 are the same as those on the other MK5 Golfs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts