VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow looks harder than I thought...The front emblem is so easy to do. I bought front and rear badges I might not replace them anymore lol

·
624 Posts
Its a complete doddle to get the badge off. I left the car facing into the sun for a few hours to help soften the glue but it came off with hardly any force. If yours is stuck down hard, then use a hairdryer to carefully heat the badge and then use some dental floss to get under the badge and cut thru the double sided tape holding it on

·
1,084 Posts
Looks easy to me too. It's just a comprehensive guide.

You can colour code the bits behind the chrome VW lettering too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want a direct guide. I bought the black rear emblem and looks like it has the sticky on it already. Direct guide on taking the old one off and putting the new one on. I don't want any painting or anything because it is already black.

·
1,084 Posts
1. Heat tailgate badge (by parking in the sun, or using a hairdryer)
2. Use a gentle sawing motion with dental floss/fishing line behind the badge to cut through the old adhesive.
3. Pull off old badge (if it hasn't already fallen off)
4. Remove any remaining adhesive from tailgate with soap and water (optional).
5. Stick new badge to tailgate.

I can't explain it any more directly than that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright thanks. But heat the old badge with a hairdryer around the edges or just on the front. And if I wanted to put my old badge on would I have to find some adheasive and smear some of that on to stick again?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts