VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had my silver Mk4 R for 3 months now and this site has been brilliant for planning my mods for the forseeable future...so cheers!

Started gently with phaeton stubby aerial and R centre caps being shipped in.... plans for Milltek res and Carbonio CAI by the end of the year based on what I've read on here....:smile:

A couple of things on my mind that you R gurus may be able to advise on:

1) as a tall bloke (6ft 5) I have my leather konigs back and low down - but this means they squeak on the plastic by the handbrake - normal?!

2) I love the xenons, but is it normal that my full beam bulbs aren't xenon - is that how they were as standard?

3) It doesn't look like the car has had a Haldex service after 35k miles - should I be worried / hurrying down to the dealer to sort it out?

4) I had planned for a Revo stage 2 once I'd got the Carbonio and Milltek, but since then I've been turned off by a few words of warning on this site. I've heard nothing but good things about APS on the other hand.... do they do a similar "stage 2" remap that takes into account the basic mods?

Thanks!

·
616 Posts
Welcome! :151:

1) Not sure....

2) Yeap, that's normal!

3) Get it sorted ASAP, otherwise it could get expensive.....

4) APS will be able to sort out a custom map for you mods.

HTH

G

·
Welcome to the site :151:

I am having a custom map done at APS next Monday - it will be written specifically for the mods I have on my car (and ones I am having fitted on the day).

In my opinion its the best way to map a car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the quick responses guys.... looks like I need to spend money on the sensible stuff before the fun starts! :rolleyes:

Can you give an estimate of bhp with

1) just Carbonio and milltek res cat back ?
2) Carbonio, milltek res cat back, APS remap ?

The start of an expensive addiction.....ah sod it, I need more power!! :burnout:

cheers

p.s. does anyone out there have leather seats that squeak against the middle plastic?

·
199 Posts
A couple of things on my mind that you R gurus may be able to advise on:

1) as a tall bloke (6ft 5) I have my leather konigs back and low down - but this means they squeak on the plastic by the handbrake - normal?!

My boyfirend is 6ft 4 and whenever he gets in (after messing with the seat set up) his side squeaks too!! It doesn't doesn't happen when my normal sized friends get in the car so must be a tall man thing?!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SLB said:
My boyfirend is 6ft 4 and whenever he gets in (after messing with the seat set up) his side squeaks too!! It doesn't doesn't happen when my normal sized friends get in the car so must be a tall man thing?!
Good to know its not just me then.... I think its just the fact that I have to have the seat down so my legs are lower than the steering wheel (thank god the R32 at least fits me in it). As soon as you get to a certain point, the leather touches the side and squeaks (esp when turning right at speed! :rock:)

I don't think there's any solution - its just bad design. Just need to turn the volume up on the stereo....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts