VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone fitted there own shortshifter yet? trying to have ago at this myself, released the cables ok! and undone the 13mm bolt that secures it. only problem is getting the old shifter off the splines, has anyone got any tips without buying a small gear puller, seems fairly straight forward once i get the oem one off, going to set the hpa shifter to 35% reduction, so i may have to adjust: one of the cables at the end! any tips would much be appreciated. :hmmmm:

·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks buddy,

G

·
Hi,

firstly spray some WD40 or other penetrating oil on it, then pull the shifter up as high as it goes and chock it/support it, then gently tap the centre of the splined shaft back down (don't hit it with all your mite as you could damage the threads).

It'll come apart without much effort that way.

Cheers

Neil

·
2,808 Posts
are these any good? Do they dramatically reduce the shift? Are they just something for the extreme drag strip boys? (ha! 3 questions there)

·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks neil, but brought puller today came off fairly easy, just not alot of room to work getting the puller to grab the oem shift lever, all fitted now, but buying some white lithium grease for the slide on the lever! and torque the shaft lever nut, as for are they any good rupo, they have a very good write up from owners who have installed them. when jimmyp showed me this one, installed in his r32 i was very impressed with the smoothness of the gear shift plus how much closer the f-t-b shift was. a lot of owners say the hpa s-s feels not like a cable shifter any more! and is one of there fav mods.

·
2,808 Posts
hmm, have many other peeps got one of these installed? I think Iv looked at these before, theyr relatively cheap to buy arnt they?

·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finished install today, can"t tell you how good these shifters are! set it on most agressive setting 35%, feels great, if you had never drove a r32 before you would not know its had one fitted, feels much more stronger and sporter than before, and did not have to adjust to cables which really surprized me! :)

·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks jim, best mod yet mate!

·
243 Posts
I have a HPA one and it's great. It will be coming off the car when I sell it too ;)

·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
see if with fit the ed30, if you have not got dsg golfgirl? bet theres room for improvement on that cars gear change too!:driver:

·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry mean"t , see if it will fit the ed30!:hmmmm2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts