VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a customer come in to pay to check his wheelbalance as he had just had some tyres fitted at a big national tyre center and he felt they hadn't balanced the wheels properly.I put his car on the ramp and i find these

·
19,408 Posts
That is shocking.

·
19,408 Posts
Typical R32 behavior lol. nasty how they didn't even advise on the fact he needed new tires!
It makes you wonder if they actually fitted the new tyres on the wrong axle.

Reactions: ANDYFR32

·
19,408 Posts
It's actually criminal and can't believe they didn't even check the rears but the driver has to take a bit of responsibility too.

·
19,408 Posts
Another point, is it not the tracking which caused this and not tyre balancing?
I don't think Maxitrol was implying it was down to balancing. As I understand it the owner felt a vibration after getting some new tyres fitted and assumed it was the balancing.

You are correct inner shoulder wear is down to tracking or aggressive camber.

It would seem the owner just had a new pair of tyres fitted to the other axle but the tyre place didn't check the other 2 tyres and allowed the owner to leave their premises with tyres in that state.

·
19,408 Posts
Is it 6points if the tyre strands are showning?
Cause they will class the car unfit for roads.

Regards
Vrt
As far as I'm aware it's 3pts per tyre

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
As far as I'm aware it's 3pts per tyre
Indeed it is, however if there is more than one defect than the driver will have to be reported to the CPS (I think that is their name on the mainland) and don't have the choice of a fixed penalty ticket.

Sent from your mum's bed using her phone.

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,568 Posts
I don't think Maxitrol was implying it was down to balancing. As I understand it the owner felt a vibration after getting some new tyres fitted and assumed it was the balancing.

You are correct inner shoulder wear is down to tracking or aggressive camber.

It would seem the owner just had a new pair of tyres fitted to the other axle but the tyre place didn't check the other 2 tyres and allowed the owner to leave their premises with tyres in that state.
Thanks for explaining that better Bob-that's exactly how it happened

·
19,408 Posts
No problem mate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts