VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need advice, links, personal xpieriences just anything to help me make an educated decision
ud the peeps to know ..... make me an r32 fan:D

·
1,084 Posts
Go drive one.

Through an empty tunnel.

With the windows down.

or...

Round a corner

Fast

In the wet.

(Or read some of the 'first impressions' threads on various forums)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Ditto :D

Just go take one for a test drive.... trust me, you'll love it and you'll want to buy it!

·
1,184 Posts
As above. once behind the wheel forever smitten!

·
23 Posts
Try it out, you will not be dissapointed. Like the first post said go through a tunnel with the windows down put it in third gear with the RPM's at around 3500 you will notice the sound of the motor change to a throaty LOUD pitch it sounds beautiful! I have also heard of some sort of vacume clamp? That will make it sound like that all the time and adds approx. 10 HP but reduces your gas milage? I have to agree with all the post, "it is the best car I have ever driven"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
i must admit, i have just been test driving a few alternatives....and i guess i am pleased to say...nothing compares....i am just sorting my insurance company out and then i will be buying another MkV

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
jon_R32 said:
best car ive bought love it much better than my m3, grip is amazing
exacltly my thoughts!! it makes me smile much more than my M3 did!!.

go drive one, you wont need any persuasion!

·
402 Posts
As above......I think the tunnel scenario will do it for most people - or accelerating in 4th on motorway etc (when it starts to sound like you have an angry tiger under the bonnet)........

A side point that i have found in my 6 months ownership is the amount of respect it gets, from everyone....... I get let out at junctions everywhere, a lot of positive attention on the street......

ONLY bad point is that i spend most of time in petrol stations as she is thirsty (as bad as single figures sometimes!!!!) however it goes with territory of having beast under the bonnet.

hope that helps

R32Dub:D

·
3,137 Posts
redrktR32 said:
I have also heard of some sort of vacume clamp? That will make it sound like that all the time and adds approx. 10 HP but reduces your gas milage
That is one of the best quotes I've read for ages:xD.

Apart from that just take one for a test drive as the others have said. You will love it, refined performance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts