VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did try to PM [email protected] but there's no space in his inbox....
Not to worry i'll put it out to the masses and see how i fair...

I need some pointers if u can help me.

Ive got a few varied products
List
AG Body wash
AG HRP
Megs Claying Kit with QD and sample wax
Megs Scratch X
Megs Nxt Tech Wax
and this Polisher ,,http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...0001001&langId=-1&searchTerms=7505797&x=0&y=0
Which i must say is alright well 4 my skills ,, had a go nice results... And feels comfortable when in hand.... not to fast but solid...

Well i start of rinse, wash, rinse again towel down Sonus... then Well .... I'll let u help us with the rest i've got a bit of an idea, had a little test on the bonnet just after washing ,,, i clayed it then hit it a few times with the AG HRP then used some scratch X on the scratches !!! then buffed off by Hand then waxed came up Ok !!!!!!!! Well had a Deep shine and could see the clouds above my head very clearly,, !!!

Do i wash the car again after claying ? will the tech wax bond well enough after i've polished.. and i had little bits of the clay left on the bonnet ,ever so tiny traces is that because i need to keep more liquid on the strokes... how much pressure do u apply to the clay ????
Ive have loads of microfibre towels and 3 megs applicators

Sorry about all the questions !! :confused:
Hope u can help !!!:xD:xD

Ive got a Black Mk iv ..:)

JayB

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
I don't know how much of the Autoglym Body Wash you have left but when it runs out see if you can replace it with something else, for the same sort of price you can get much much better products! Something like Megs gold class (which may be bigger in size) is much better and greater value for money, really creamy. Or have a look at this, that's what i'm using and it's also very very good.

When you're claying never apply pressure, no matter what clay you have you run the risk of inducing marring. You're much better off if you repeat spraying loads of detailer and let it glide over the surface. Once you're done wipe it down with your microfibre. Some people wash after, but it's personal preference you don't really need to if you're polishing after as if the polish is decent enough it will remove the remaining detailer anyway.

Megs NXT wax isn't actually a wax, it's sealant with fillers. It'll do a good job of sealing in your good work and the fillers will help mask any swirls or RDS that you have - it wont get rid of them but it'll help. You're fine to use this to follow polishing. You could also follow it with a carnauba based wax if you fancied a bit of extra bling.

I think that's covered most of your questions :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go on Db !!!

So even after ive put the Megs Tech stuff on i could go over that with Some Dodo Purple haze for example and it would bond and also increase the shine further !!???

·
1,149 Posts
The Dodo is a great choice and would probably add a bit of extra gloss rather than deep shine, but you wouldn't need to go NXT ---> Dodo you'd be fine to go from the polish straight to the Dodo. As a general rule of thumb on a big clean follow this:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice guide mate ,
Makes it seem a lot more simple now!! Whats a good sealant ??

·
1,149 Posts
Have a look here, all the categories are listed down the left :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be fair though if the tech wax is a sealant then i've got it so i'm gonna use that .. just trying to find best prices for Dodo... i like the look of this ..... all this stuff you could go nuts could'nt u !!!
Good prices on here though http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk free delivery over £19...

·
1,149 Posts
Aye, all the info you could ever want or need is on here : http://www.detailingworld.co.uk I don't ever really post on it though as it's so bloomin hard to keep up with as there's millions of members it moves seriously quick!

·
Registered
106 Posts
JayB said:
Do i wash the car again after claying ? will the tech wax bond well enough after i've polished.. and i had little bits of the clay left on the bonnet ,ever so tiny traces is that because i need to keep more liquid on the strokes... how much pressure do u apply to the clay ????
Ive have loads of microfibre towels and 3 megs applicators
Its best to wash the car after claying ... When claying make sure you use plenty of lube /Qd / soapy water and you shouldnt get any residual left at all , pressure should be finger tip

The wax should bond fine over Srp ....

A good sealent is the Zaino range something like z5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts