VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a promotion at work which means I'm gonna be travelling a lot more. I have already been told im gonna be going up to manchester for a week in september and then harrogate for a weeek in october. We get 30p per mile but with petrol/tyres I'm probably going to end up out of pocket.

I'm weighing up my options at the moment, and considering the fact that if I do change her I'l be able to start looking at getting my own place, but owwww it hurts too much thinking about it :(

I would buy a run around, but I cant afford to run two half decent cars and I cant buy a complete banger with the amount of travelling and the long distance im gonna be doing.

next resort, I think im gonna have to pimp the other half out ;)

·
1,432 Posts
I reckon you should get a MkV GTI in Candy White, they looks great and its reasonably economical whilst retaining the powerful car bug :)

·
387 Posts
stuff the expense - keep the R

mine is my company car (ish)... i get car allowance, which kind of goes towards the loan (and mods), and i only get 18p a mile !!!

that used to be OK till i got the carbonio and the milltek - now i defo dont break even :bootyshake:

G

·
A longish journey a month isn't a lot though, not enough in my mind to get rid of the car.

How many commuting miles do you do?

Keep the R :151:

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say stuff the expense if I had spare money each month to cover it, but I dont as I'm only just managing each month as it is...an extra cost each month will throw me out...

I dont commute very much in the car as I only live bout half a mile from work, but thats one condition on which I could get the R, cos dotn have to drive her miles every day...

I'm gonna have a word with my boss and see where its likely I will be travelling most as these may just be two long trips that happen to have come up at once...I'l train it rather than drive if I can to save the wear on the R and if it means being able to keep her...:s

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Give up the **** and booze! (making a large assumption here on no evidence, LOL)

In fact, dont take the job....

·
305 Posts
no way you can use public transport? when i travel away i use the train and save money, so i can spend it on the car.

·
748 Posts
Keep the R dont let her GO!!!

·
4,328 Posts
I love the way we have all said keep it, when really we should all be saying things to help the finances so hopefully they will accomadate the r :) such as taking public transport, get a lift/car share to work etc etc :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts