VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
I think the look is great, but it seems a heck of a lot of fiddling!

·
1,432 Posts
I recently swapped back to the OEM grill from my Mattig badgeless grill because I didnt like the notch in the bonnet. Admittedly the notch could be filled with the supplied infill but then I wouldnt be able to go back to stock if I wanted to.

I quite like this grill mod but as said above, its alot of work.

G

·
I love this grill. I have posted about this before on Tyresmoke here

I don't have the time or skill to make something like this - but if can them from the States I would be interested dependant on price.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm on with this mod now as we speak, whilst its not difficult its bloody time consuming.
And i've seriously had enough of sanding already !!

·
1,432 Posts
Are you able to cut out the very bottom holes all the way along or are you stuck with the solid plastic mass along the bottom edge?

G

·
Jonny @ Pure Detail said:
yes thats won't be a problem, i am going to be plastic welding one for steve very soon.
I think it will look great once it has all been drilled out.

How much will it cost you to make the grill?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its cost for a spare grill, filler and lower honeycomb grill so all in all about £30.

The time it takes tho would obviously bump up the cost.

Mine will be for sale when the new ones made !!!!!! (maybe)

·
385 Posts
Jonny @ Pure Detail said:
yes thats won't be a problem, i am going to be plastic welding one for steve very soon.
Johnny are you going to be making these? If so how much we looking at and how long? Cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It'd prob take some time to get these sorted. If when me and Jonny have a go at another version of this grill i'll keep you all posted if it'd be worth selling a few.
Due to the fact it takes a while i'm not sure it'd be viable.

·
385 Posts
macdaddy said:
Its cost for a spare grill, filler and lower honeycomb grill so all in all about £30.

The time it takes tho would obviously bump up the cost.

Mine will be for sale when the new ones made !!!!!! (maybe)
Question Macd, I am trying to do this mod, did you have to cut off the 8 guide things from the back plate? They are the guides for the original grille louvers.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes , otherwise they stick through the mesh.

You couls always leave them and see if the mesh would stick to them , meaning you'd not need to use so much filler

1 - 20 of 21 Posts